1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

Our of interest, what other battery powered lights do you know of that last 24/7?

Obviously I don't think anything lasts forever. I was hoping that I would be able to display the figures 24/7 and only have to replace batteries and light bulbs once or twice or thrice a year.

Yeah I'm curious as well lol..

Regarding the bulbs, I believe Hot Toys uses LED's which may have an hour rating for how long they are meant to last although again they aren't intended for continuous use. If you did burn out a bulb it'd likely be easier to just get a new led arm.

Ok. That means I can't display them lighted up.

Thanks for the response. It's disappointing that I can't have Vader and Obi-Wan lighted up for display. That would have been a cool display.

Ok. That means I can't display them lighted up.

Thanks for the response. It's disappointing that I can't have Vader and Obi-Wan lighted up for display. That would have been a cool display.

PixelPiper has made battery bypass units that can run off the mains. He did one for Sideshow's Deluxe Vader, I have it and it's great. I also use it to power the amazing cathode lightsaber he made.

I'm not sure if he has worked out a similar unit for any Hot Toys but it's worth asking him.

PixelPiper has made battery bypass units that can run off the mains. He did one for Sideshow's Deluxe Vader, I have it and it's great. I also use it to power the amazing cathode lightsaber he made.

I'm not sure if he has worked out a similar unit for any Hot Toys but it's worth asking him.

I just asked him. Thanks for the tip. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can help me.

You could run some discrete wires to the terminals of the battery boxes, then down out the back of the figure and setup an external battery, or USB plug for example. As long as you give it the right resistance, you could power the lights of your entire figure using something as simple as a USB plug or rechargeable battery pack

JazzInc here modded my ANH Vader externalizing the electronics, no more need to internal batteries

A sith lord approaches.
a8d2fa778992e823c3bfeac6e9230b57.jpg

Does anyone know the exact height of Vader? Hopefully a freak measured him once.

I have a couple cases around with an internal height of 350mm, wondering if that works.

Back