1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vTTZxk.jpg

Been happy with this guy dead stock since I got him. View attachment 330671

Stock is great... except for those gloves which are really not a good representation of the ones he actually wore in the film. They were made by HT to be functional at the expense of accuracy. But if you have Vader holding his saber with both hands, or his hands mostly hidden by his cape, they look fine.

Unfortunately, for me, hands on belt as you have there is my favorite pose but also the worst for showing off the gloves.

Not sure if the hard RO gloves actually have an appropriate hands-on-belt-box pose.

Mine is stock as well, all I did was futz things to look more accurate. Gloves aren't a bother for me because as mentioned, they are covered by his cape with the pose I have mine in.

Stock is great... except for those gloves which are really not a good representation of the ones he actually wore in the film. They were made by HT to be functional at the expense of accuracy. But if you have Vader holding his saber with both hands, or his hands mostly hidden by his cape, they look fine.

Unfortunately, for me, hands on belt as you have there is my favorite pose but also the worst for showing off the gloves.

Not sure if the hard RO gloves actually have an appropriate hands-on-belt-box pose.

I can live with the stock gloves, would like a pair of RO gloves but I'm not gonna spend 1/2 the amount of a new figure trying to get some. I like how the ANH gloves can be bent & allow all types of wrist articulation that the RO gloves can not allow. In that pose I tried as extreme of a bend on the hands as they grab the belt boxes to accentuate that wrist articulation. Not exactly screen accurate, but 1/6 functional is ok too.

I have both RO and ANH, had the ANH in storage the past few weeks and decided to swap them out last night. Really loving the ANH Vader with some of the Jazz mods (done by myself). I got tired of the belt last night so glued it shut. At some point I'll slice the belt in the back and add velcro but really happy with how it looks.

b86f6438ec46bb865962122353596030.jpg

673e5cbc28bd33b7b58bda3d950ca700.jpg

07e39d15e99ef480c2b2977986ade4cb.jpg

af3aa53cf92e43bc6dd5a4397d7a058a.jpg

That looks amazing! What all did you do to him and what parts did you use on him?

Thanks! Here's a list of what I did using jazz's tutorials: I did not do the electronics mods

Helmet opened, film applied behind lens, dome shaved and lowered. Magnet applied to rotate the dome left, right, and center. Helmet was also weathered. Dome has a satin finish applied. Also modified the nose plug to recess it.

Chest armor weathered
Chest box weathered
Waist boxes weathered
Belt glued closed
Saber hook moved closer to left belt box
Wire removed from tunic (not replaced like jazz did)
Shin guards were gloss coated.
Jacket had the excess padding removed and was re-sewn

Also for this pose I removed the hands and wrists to get the arms as close to the side as possible!

Parts wise, everything is completely stock minus the magnets

Zackg that Vader looks awesome. I respect how people can modify their figures to bring them up to the next level. I have done some basic mods and some customizations over the years but overall I am happy with him with the Rogue one gloves. You guys made an impressive figure look awesome though.

Thanks! Here's a list of what I did using jazz's tutorials: I did not do the electronics mods

Helmet opened, film applied behind lens, dome shaved and lowered. Magnet applied to rotate the dome left, right, and center. Helmet was also weathered. Dome has a satin finish applied. Also modified the nose plug to recess it.

Chest armor weathered
Chest box weathered
Waist boxes weathered
Belt glued closed
Saber hook moved closer to left belt box
Wire removed from tunic (not replaced like jazz did)
Shin guards were gloss coated.
Jacket had the excess padding removed and was re-sewn

Also for this pose I removed the hands and wrists to get the arms as close to the side as possible!

Parts wise, everything is completely stock minus the magnets

Well done. :duff

That's a lot more than what I would be willing to do. The extent of my mods are just occasionally using parts from other iterations that may match better with another particular iteration and simply futzing and adjusting what's already stock on it.

Took a few pics of this guy with my custom (unfinished) meditation chamber diorama. Sadly, the stock body and suit wasn't articulated in the legs to get to the sitting position, so I used another body and suit and combined parts from the ANH Vader.

Back