1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nose definitely needs to be painted a brighter silver like the costume when it's recessed further. Otherwise it does get a bit lost in there.

Got it. Thanks guys.

Yeah, lighting not the best. Thanks for feedback.

Better light....

2016-08-16 18.52.19.jpg
2016-08-16 18.52.50.jpg

I did the "nose-mod". It is very simple, just as Ton-Ton and Talibane mentioned earlier. Just use a thin hobby knife and pry it loose from the sides, not the curved part. It comes out looking like this....

My only question is, how much to shave off? Does this look okay? I am also thinking of painting the very outside trim of the plug black. What do you guys think?

Thanks again to everyone who is contributing to this thread.

I'm going to do what Matrix did - don't really use the plug. He put the plug further back and used it as a base for putty/clay, I'm going to find a piece of plastic to match the curve needed, then paint the plastic and the insides of the nose cavity dull silver.

While moving the plug back helps, the chrome "lip" on the outsides of the plug still gives the effect of a double nose to me. The nose is actually supposed to be a void (so your first "no nose plug" pic looks closer to accurate) with a curved area further back, all painted dull silver - i.e. the chrome HT did is also far too bright.

If you want to stick with the moved-back plug, try painting it and the inner nose walls silver and that may kind of work.

Like many people submit figures for the unofficial "figure of the year" award, this definitely has my vote for the most modded figure of the year award. :lol

I did the "nose-mod". It is very simple, just as Ton-Ton and Talibane mentioned earlier. Just use a thin hobby knife and pry it loose from the sides, not the curved part. It comes out looking like this....

View attachment 286292

Here is a picture of it put back in place after I shortened it.
Unmodded on left, modded on the right.

View attachment 286293

My only question is, how much to shave off? Does this look okay? I am also thinking of painting the very outside trim of the plug black. What do you guys think?

Thanks again to everyone who is contributing to this thread.

Looking good. :clap

Oh, do you mean that cloth piece? I put it under so that it looks like the ESB or ROTJ version. I like the way it looks better.

Yes the inner robe of the ANH Vader should be over the chest armor. This is not an ESB or ROTJ Vader, that Vader is different in many ways from this one so if you want screen accuracy...

Yes the inner robe of the ANH Vader should be over the chest armor. This is not an ESB or ROTJ Vader, that Vader is different in many ways from this one so if you want screen accuracy...

Yep. No matter what you do with the clothing without changing the helmet it will still be ANH Vader.

Yep. No matter what you do with the clothing without changing the helmet it will still be ANH Vader.

Let the man set up his figure how he wants. It's clear he knows that ANH Vader has the robes over the armor, but he doesn't want him set up like that.

Best part is Hot Toys' figure looks great either way.

Let the man set up his figure how he wants. It's clear he knows that ANH Vader has the robes over the armor, but he doesn't want him set up like that.

Best part is Hot Toys' figure looks great either way.

Right? Maybe Vader got up that morning and decided to flip the script. Mix things up a little. Hot date that night and wanted to show off the ol' chest armor.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Unmodded HT Vader....

Those are some great pictures, fd! Perfect example how this figure can still look great unmodded.

Absolutely!

This is a fantastic figure straight out of the box. Nobody should feel like this figure needs to be modded to look great.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Back