1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of a way to improve the look of the robes, and have them flare out less? Alternatively, does anyone know of any easily attainable and high quality substitutes for the HT robes?

Your lighting is spot on! I haven't spent much time with my Vader lately. Maybe it's time to do some futzing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8f7373ec4d453070fa08679378afd0f6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Great picture. Any mods, or is that stock?

Nice picture!
I did the armpit mod that sets the arms down. You can't see it, but the velcro got f'd up on the gauntlets so i had to replace the velcro with a new one that i had to double stick tape up.

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

The torso is cut away at the sides underneath the armpits. This allows the arms to lay naturally against the body and removes the "carrying heavy invisible shopping bag syndrome" . I've tried it and it makes a world of difference.

Thanks. Yes I completely understood what it would achieve, just didn't know how laborious it would be.

Guess fairly if you have to take off the suit. Then again, I did do similar to the chest of the DX02 so perhaps I might attempt.

:duff

I like the figure a lot. I have to agree to some on this form that he is somewhat thick or fat or too huskie . Being that said. Has anybody experiment in changing bodies or shaving down other than arm pits . I was thinking of using the Man of Steel body. Its slight taller. I believe.

Would HT Kylo Ren's body be slightly slimmer, whilst maintaining height?

I think I tried the Kylo body but it's slimmer in many areas (stomach, arms, legs) and then the suit was very baggy. Would probably require a lot of padding to fill it out.

Surely if the aim is to have it slimmer then the suit would have to be fitted to the slimmer replacement body? Not padding out the gaps.

Back