1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can his robe be placed under his cowl to replicate the empire/jedi look? Much prefer that. Not sure if its worth waiting to see if they make one of those vader suits instead.

Can his robe be placed under his cowl to replicate the empire/jedi look? Much prefer that. Not sure if its worth waiting to see if they make one of those vader suits instead.

It can be. But its not accurate. Doing that, you have to replace Vaders head with a bigger triangular grill under his chin. Provided if you want to replicate the look from the movie. But just for the fun of it, go ahead.

Some funny replies to that question :lol. I'll probably just end up picking this one up because I'm sure its going to be a while before they make the other version. Thanks for letting me know it can be done Jun A just in case :hi5:

spray. the brush on stuff I have isn't so good. don't love it, which is odd, cause it's Vallejo.
Have you tried the Vallejo Premium line black? Best paint ever, and very forgiving, for both spray and brush

sorry if it's been asked...
but is there any trick to getting his light up arm to pop into place? i can't seem to get mine to lock in??

I still can't decide whether to take the plunge and get this, or hold out for an ESB or ROTJ version? :/

sorry if it's been asked...
but is there any trick to getting his light up arm to pop into place? i can't seem to get mine to lock in??

What I do is bend the elbow at 90 degrees on the saber arm, then get it into position in the upper arm. Next, hold the upper arm firmly with your left hand and firmly push the bent elbow in the slot with your right thumb while holding the wrist. You should hear a "pop" sound that confirms you got it in.

The key for me was bending the the saber arm 90 degrees at the elbow. I couldn't get it in before, but after I figured out that trick it was easy peasy. Hope this helps.

Haven't seen too many shots like these, but sure helps those that want to futz:

12525433_10153895199379747_1741799695043748183_o.jpg

Glad to see the dulcoat worked... looks much better. I could see if you held it far away from the spray and did a light coat you might be able to get a bit more variation in the tones which would look even more like leather.

For final coat. Better use a Polyurethane. For better protection from handling.

One thought is for any gripping hands just spray the top... non-production paint tends to rub off on accessories no matter if you've primed and sealed it. So to prevent any damaged to the ligthsaber hilt I'd just spray the tops of the and leave the inner part (which would be hidden anyway) untouched.

Picked up Vader from the PO today. Can't wait to set him up. Just sitting in the tray I already love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back