1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a brain storm. was thinking about taking some of those gam color filter that we used on the tamshii 3po and trying it out on vader. I think I have an amber color in these swatches some where. and cutting the shape of the eye lenses and some how putting them on vader to give it that reddish color tint like he had in a new hope.

What a great idea! If that works I'll try it too!

Hi guys, I think i reached the 15 minute mark on the sound feature, does anyone know how to activate it again? Because i'm trying to switch it ON and nothing happens..

When you reinserted them and it still doesn't work:
Take the batteries out for like a few hours, then put them back in.
Worked when my Vader malfuncioned... :/

I'd never noticed this before...but it looks like Prowse is wearing a different piece of chest armor (as he approaches Obi-Wan).
The stripes are completely different.
How do you mean different? The center is grey. The bars with the U-shape on either side are black with gunmetal weathering and the rest is gunmetal - even the raised bar that HT has painted black.

well here is a front view of vader after I lowered the dome. I think you could tell it`s been lowered. I also put a piece of amber color film swatch like some of us did with the tamishii threepo to see what it would look like. IMG_0113.jpg

well here is a front view of vader after I lowered the dome. I think you could tell it`s been lowered. I also put a piece of amber color film swatch like some of us did with the tamishii threepo to see what it would look like.View attachment 240223

It sure looks very good. It's hard to tell from the picture, but do the eyes seem better now? Do you get to the eyes without breaking stuff?

well here is a front view of vader after I lowered the dome. I think you could tell it`s been lowered. I also put a piece of amber color film swatch like some of us did with the tamishii threepo to see what it would look like.View attachment 240223

You can tell that his left eye has the amber film. Looks good. Gives it an added dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking it might be more effective to just paint the inside of the lens red

You can tell that his left eye has the amber film. Looks good. Gives it an added dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went in and brightened up the pic for a clearer look at the brow & lenses area - hope you don't mind! I like what you've done and I'm likely to take on the task too after seeing this (gotta sort out those sounds first which entails an almost complete strip down) I'm sold on the idea - hopefully by the time I've completely finished with him he'll look like he's just stepped of the screen straight into my display cabinet.
c8835e1a4a2f58b8e21cea5536276480.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

How do you mean different? The center is grey. The bars with the U-shape on either side are black with gunmetal weathering and the rest is gunmetal - even the raised bar that HT has painted black.
It probably is the lighting and I was seeing things. The lighting washes out the left part of the center bar, making it look a lot thinner and smooths the whole piece. I'm sure I'm mistaken.

Actually, the dome very rarely sat that low in the movie. The way HT has it is more consistent with what we see in the majority of scenes.

Back