1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this test when working on the Prowse sized body. One is created from studying pictures of Prowse just prior and around the time of ANH as well as the actual body cast, and the other is how he looked during ESB. It creates the exact effect of the armor appearing to be longer, simply because his chest didn't extend as far out.

The picture is a photoshop creation of two images. The torsos were lined up next to each other and then I just swapped the same chest armor from one to the other and merged the two images.
DaveProwse-BodyPrint-011.jpg

here is another shot of vader. I hope you like them View attachment 239814 View attachment 239815
Any chance of a close-up directly in front 'head-on' shot? All the pics you've posted of your modded helmet have, thus far, been side and 3/4 shots - I'm considering doing this/your mod to my 1/6 HT Vader but I want to see it from the front profile first. Pretty please with sugar on top!
Lots of helmets have been broken free tonight. Let's have a moment of silence for all the lost purity of the original figure....

*lowers head....*

OK, now let's see those cruel Vader eyes without the 'oh my gosh' brow line.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Come on now, you must realise how low the percentage is of people on this forum that have ever undone a bra strap!

True. I think I meant that as if and when you get to your first bra strap attempt... :lol

I did this test when working on the Prowse sized body. One is created from studying pictures of Prowse just prior and around the time of ANH as well as the actual body cast, and the other is how he looked during ESB. It creates the exact effect of the armor appearing to be longer, simply because his chest didn't extend as far out.

The picture is a photoshop creation of two images. The torsos were lined up next to each other and then I just swapped the same chest armor from one to the other and merged the two images.
View attachment 239870

I've done a lot works on the body and I've to say that you are right about the prowse torso. This is a great shot! But I notice a differente curvature in the anh and rotj chest box. Don't you?

Attachments

• chest armor.jpg
    chest armor.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 253
Had flexed this figure not looking at any reviews, or a whole lot of pics of him. I canceled due to seeing him on the board and youtube reviews.

Figure's body looks bloated and stubby. Great Head sculpt though.

Holding out for the 1/4 scale ROTS.

of course my bloody dremmel isn't working. gorram.
sanded down the inner lump, but the ribs inside the helmet need to be shortened too.

stand by.

I'd never noticed this before...but it looks like Prowse is wearing a different piece of chest armor (as he approaches Obi-Wan).
The stripes are completely different.

Chest2.JPG
Chest3.JPG
Chest4.JPG

I had a brain storm. was thinking about taking some of those gam color filter that we used on the tamshii 3po and trying it out on vader. I think I have an amber color in these swatches some where. and cutting the shape of the eye lenses and some how putting them on vader to give it that reddish color tint like he had in a new hope.

Hi guys, I think i reached the 15 minute mark on the sound feature, does anyone know how to activate it again? Because i'm trying to switch it ON and nothing happens..

Back