1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. How did you make the lightsaber float?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone going to invest in a spare body to practice with for the batteries and whatnot?...Im thinking about it...

Spare body? The batteries for it and the remote are the largest and easiest to install. The Lightsaber ones are the next size and still no issue. The only nightmare ones are for the belt boxes...

After shipping from SSC on Dec. 23, mine is slated to finally arrive on Monday.

I'm ready to get all frustrated with him outta da box. I'm starting to prepare myself mentally. Thanks to tips from all you guys who have him already I feel I at least know what to look out for with battery installation, keeping the voice function from going into stand-by mode, how to adjust the crotch pad, putting the belt boxes closer to the buckle, and wire removal in the tunic.

Anything else I'm missing?

Sideshow got back to me and said they are replacing Vader's belt...
View attachment 232953
This hasn't been a fun figure so far as I spent hours wrestling with the batteries to test it only to leave it in the box because of the ripped belt. It's odd to have a figure and yet feel like you don't have it as you wait for a part. Glad they are sending me a new belt though.

Exact same issue on mine last night. Looks identical in damage

more excellent pics Para. makes me want to order him more, in spite of the issues...

People keep saying issues.

The only issue is a poorly implemented sound feature no one would use again even if it wasn't dumb after five minutes of playing.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment... no one has actually bought this for the sound feature, have they? And everyone would pay the same for a Vader with no sounds. So you could view the defective electronics as a free bonus...

Yep, that's how I look at it. Just not a feature I'm interested in and haven't bothered testing on my RoboCop or ED-209, either.

People keep saying issues.

The only issue is a poorly implemented sound feature no one wold use again even if it wasn't dumb after five minutes of playing.

i think people are saying issues to sum up both the poor design (ie access to the switch) and the resetting needed to activate it in some cases; and maybe the difficulty in moving the belt boxes. But yeah, only one of these would seem to be a QC issue.

My opinion is that the engineering effort to incorporate the sound into the body is a waste of time and added expense, it should of been a case of if ht was to insist on sound (as apparently it was) they should have put it into a stand/base. In the end probably would have been cheaper for them but still let them charge the premium for this figure that they are.
But on the other hand..........what the **** do I know?

My opinion is that the engineering effort to incorporate the sound into the body is a waste of time and added expense, it should of been a case of if ht was to insist on sound (as apparently it was) they should have put it into a stand/base. In the end probably would have been cheaper for them but still let them charge the premium for this figure that they are.
But on the other hand..........what the **** do I know?

I doubt it added much cost as they already did the R&D on previous figures. But also, I don't know either :lol

Back