1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was FINALLY able to get the Vader back screw out and able to install the batteries for the sound FX. They do sound very good. And yes, getting to the switch when Vader is fully dressed is pretty nightmarish.........some have complained that the suit is baggy. I do not get that at all - not only is it not baggy, it actually seems pretty darn screen accurate, and the little ponch the outer body suit (top half) is a nice way to give the figure excellent bulk. This is an Awesome ANH version.

It's really annoying when something is apparently sitting in a UPS warehouse like an hour away since yesterday and isn't scheduled for delivery until next tuesday...

I had a similar issue with my Vader - he sat about 45 minutes away for 2 days, as if UPS was "holding" him until the expected delivery over a week later. Finally, UPS adjusted the delivery and he showed up several days earlier. Regardless, this kind of stuff doesn't happen with USPS or Fedex, and I have had it happen with UPS before.

I just got a response from Hot Toys about the problems with the Darth Vader sounds effects. Here is what the said. I copied and pasted email with my first email too them

Dear Peter,*

Thank you for support to Hot Toys.*

For your information that this is not defective, it is the normal case.*

Thank you

JW/ Hot Toys

2015-12-31 12:15 GMT+08:00 kanjar <[email protected]>:

Hi i just received the Hot toys Darth Vader.* It's a beautiful figure.* But one problem everybody seems to have trouble with is the talking part. When the 15 period is over the instructions says turn switch on and off on both the figure and remote.* Mine only seems to go on when you take batteries out any put back in. I done some research and a lot of people are having same problem.* Is there a way to fix it please let me know
Thanks
Peter*

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

And this was my response to Hot Toys

Hi Jw

thanks for the quick response. *So you are telling me that every time I want to make the Vader talk I have to take off his head,cape, top shirt, bottom cape,belt, chest plate belt and pull his bottom shirt down take screw out take batteries out and put them back in and put everything back together just to make him talk again And that's a normal case. Really wow it doesn't say that in the instructions. I guess for $300 dollars I have a lot of play time taking him apart and putting him back together just to hear him talk*

thanks*

Peter*

Hi Jw

thanks for the quick response. *So you are telling me that every time I want to make the Vader talk I have to take off his head,cape, top shirt, bottom cape,belt, chest plate belt and pull his bottom shirt down take screw out take batteries out and put them back in and put everything back together just to make him talk again And that's a normal case. Really wow it doesn't say that in the instructions. I guess for $300 dollars I have a lot of play time taking him apart and putting him back together just to hear him talk*

thanks*

Peter*

Unfortunately this was discovered initially when the figure was released in HK. It's a hassle but how many times are you going to use the feature? I consider it a bonus feature. This figure is quality and craftsmanship is on point.

Damn holidays screwing up my pick up. It is sitting at the UPS location for pick up but they have been closed for the holiday. TO add to it, this location is closed not he weekends and will have to wait until Monday! :gah:

I just got a response from Hot Toys about the problems with the Darth Vader sounds effects. Here is what the said. I copied and pasted email with my first email too them

Dear Peter,*

Thank you for support to Hot Toys.*

For your information that this is not defective, it is the normal case.*

Thank you

JW/ Hot Toys

2015-12-31 12:15 GMT+08:00 kanjar <[email protected]>:

Hi i just received the Hot toys Darth Vader.* It's a beautiful figure.* But one problem everybody seems to have trouble with is the talking part. When the 15 period is over the instructions says turn switch on and off on both the figure and remote.* Mine only seems to go on when you take batteries out any put back in. I done some research and a lot of people are having same problem.* Is there a way to fix it please let me know
Thanks
Peter*

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note® 3

Repped. While the figure looks fantastic, I agree that the electronics could have been handled way, way, way, way, way better!

Don't think I'm even going to try with the sound feature when I get mine...sounds like a huge hassle. :-(

The lightsaber arm is really easy - use the medium size batteries and that'll take you no time. On the back screw, use the proper size tool. My problem, ultimately, was that I used a screwdriver a tad too small, and I stripped the damn thing. The only one that might give you grey is the belt boxes, but check out the Crighton post a page or two back for some awesome tutorial help on that one.

Side note: it took me a little time to realize this, but when you pop out the standard arm and replace it with the lightsaber one, you'll hear it pop back in. Once it's in properly, its pretty secure. I had originally not popped the arm in all the way, and wondered why it seemed floppy at first......

Unfortunately this was discovered initially when the figure was released in HK. It's a hassle but how many times are you going to use the feature? I consider it a bonus feature. This figure is quality and craftsmanship is on point.

I know the figure is great looking but it wasn't cheap. If they knew about problem they should have recalled them and fix problem. This is not a Toy's r Us $10 figure where it breaks you buy a new one. I guess they know people are not going to complain and people's response is "how many times are you going to use feature?" That is why they won't do anything. It doesn't matter how many times I will turn it on but they should have put a note to let customers knew about problem with figure or send out a email. I'm sure Sideshow is getting a lot of returns or exchanges on figure. It would be nice to see a company stand behind their products. But it up to us to make sure they hear our voice . I could have waited a couple of months for the figure for them to fix problems. So if we accept their defective merchandise and say nothing we are at fault for doing nothing

Mine just got updated. Its in my town, but scheduled for Monday......so close, yet so far....lol

You think that's bad? Mine was cheduled for Monday but to my surprise they marked it out for delivery this morning, I went and made space for it in my detolf, excited because I had the day off as well, then about an hour ago they decided to change their minds and marked it for delivery on Monday again.....UPS basically just Blueballed me.

Hi Jw

thanks*

Peter*

Lol, so they intended it to work that way :slap

Back