1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this was my response to Hot Toys

Hi Jw

thanks for the quick response. *So you are telling me that every time I want to make the Vader talk I have to take off his head,cape, top shirt, bottom cape,belt, chest plate belt and pull his bottom shirt down take screw out take batteries out and put them back in and put everything back together just to make him talk again And that's a normal case. Really wow it doesn't say that in the instructions. I guess for $300 dollars I have a lot of play time taking him apart and putting him back together just to hear him talk*

thanks*

Peter*

I understand your frustration. It's definitely a poor design, which is a shame because it is a beautiful looking figure. Shortly after unboxing mine, I managed to break the light up lightsaber arm (probably my fault, I'll take credit for that one) trying to put it on. I did get the batteries in the back and in the arm (before the arm broke), but gave up on trying to get the tiny batteries in the belt after a couple hours of nearly succeeding, only to have one of the batteries constantly shoot back out of the belt and across the dining room table. I remember someone on here describing this process as maddening. That is the perfect description. And even if and when you get all the batteries in, like you said, finding the tiny levers under the outfit to turn everything on, isn't really worth the effort. I think when the Empire Strikes Back Vader or Return of the Jedi Vader inevitably come out, Hot Toys will have learned from this, and will put whatever electronics they include, in the figure's stand.

I remember someone on here describing this process as maddening. That is the perfect description. And even if and when you get all the batteries in, like you said, finding the tiny levers under the outfit to turn everything on, isn't really worth the effort.

Yep, I know when I posted many people thought the problem was me. :lol Not glad at all, but it is a 'relief' in a way to see the problems definitely aren't just mine and ClipperKing's.

I hope HT will be sensible enough on the ESB Vader to dump the "switch" in the back for a "push button" that will be much easier to find.

I find it a bit ironic that the Hasbro Electronic Vader(from which my original custom was made)has almost as many sound effects as the HT and is far easier to activate with 2 comparatively large and easily engaged buttons on the back(big enough to hit through his costume).Granted,my re-sculpt of the mask isn't as dead on as the HT,but I was and am still satisfied with it.This being said,I don't seem to be having as many problems with my HT as some here,though perhaps my extensive experience with the character gives me a bit of extra insight into the costume's inner workings...PS

The screw on my lightup arm is tighter then ****. I was scared I would strip it with the screwdriver I was using. I am going to Home Depot later today to get another screwdriver, hopefully i find one thathat grips better. Anyone else having problems removing the screw??

My only other complaint, which seems to be an issue on all of these vader's is that hot toys botched the paint on the right tusk during production. It's not painted as well as the left tusk.

My only other complaint, which seems to be an issue on all of these vader's is that hot toys botched the paint on the right tusk during production. It's not painted as well as the left tusk.

That was entirely intentional.

DarthVaderANH-HD2.jpg

Which just goes to show just how good HT can be sometimes.

Would have been cool to talk up to my display, press a button on a remote and have the figure say some Darth Vader stuff. Once I read about the problems with the HK release, I didn't even bother with the batteries.

Would have been cool to talk up to my display, press a button on a remote and have the figure say some Darth Vader stuff. Once I read about the problems with the HK release, I didn't even bother with the batteries.

Im doing the same thing. Im so happy with the figure i dont realy need sound.

Just got mine. Not fussed about the sound. The figure and Interrogator Droid are fantastic. One of my most anticipated releases and it didn't disappoint.

I ended up removing his crotch plate bottom strap and tucking it behind or around the Velcro area. I had to move up the plate since it was pulling the lower strap tight and now I'm happy w/ the results. Vader no longer looks like he has short legs.

Heh, moving the cod piece up was the very first thing I did when I took him out. Following the early adopters on here, everyone said that was the route to go.

Sonofa...

After I pretty much destroyed the belt to get them there too.

Edit: Not my preference since I don't have photoshop and just mspaint :lol but a little manipulation and its right now. Just don't look too carefully :wink1:

And I bought an extra belt because mine is looking terrible under those boxes. Decided a spare might come in handy.

Back