1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand Vader has a battle damaged mask but can someone confirm if they also have 2 indention mark closer to his lens and cheek area.....one on each side. If you look from the top of the cheek you should see it on each side. I'm just paranoid and want to make sure since this is the most expensive figure I bought so far lol.
Those are supposed to be there.

Those are supposed to be there.
Thanks.....I did pick him up at my local shop and everything looks new but somehow the manual had scotch tape on top on the regular manufacturer tape....which was a first for me. Maybe the manual didn't stay on too well and someone just fixed it IDK.

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but my Vader has silver paint missing from his right (your left if you are looking directly at him) "knob" near his mouth. Is that supposed to be that way? Basically, I have one silver knob and one black knob...

Cool...i was about to do something stupid with a silver paint marker!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vader's mask is a bit of a patchwork with alternating gunmetal and black if you look at cheeks, etc. I learned this too as I never noticed originally. Apparently the "tusks" you refer to are also alternating, though its hard to really tell in the movie as both seem to catch light and fool the eye.

yes mine looks like this. but it seems to be worse than others i have seen. sorry for the bad photo. IMG_1292.jpg

Just go mine today. I love it. So awesome. Going to take those wires out for sure. Didn't have to much trouble with the batteries. Now to find him a companion piece. Ren or Luke?? Hmmmm

To the guys who removed their Vader's tunic wires, does the tunic (robe) hang better without them...?

Not necessarily HANGS better due to the stiff material. However, certainly, LOOKS better.

If you do leave the wire in as some of you may wish to resell, then I would advise not messing with the tunic that much. The "kinks" in the cheap wire really "add up" and create visual wrinkles from manipulation if that makes sense.

Reposting:

Ok, what am I doing wrong with these infernal belt boxes?
After much fighting, I managed to get the two batteries in, flipped the switch, no lights. Ok, maybe I had the batteries in backwards. Much more fighting, got them in, switch both ways, no lights.
Forget it, tried the other belt box. Same scenario.

Also, here is my lineup so far. Just got ANH Luke in today. Wish the belt boxes on Vader were lit up....

23944611012_27965266cd_h.jpg

And, yes, the HT Vader is on the SS deluxe stand. My SS deluxe is on the HT stand on another shelf with Emperor/throne, two SS stormies, and two HT stories.

yes mine looks like this. but it seems to be worse than others i have seen. sorry for the bad photo.View attachment 233068

Do not alter the Paint color on that tusk...it is correct for ANH. Vader's screen used mask was very rough in appearance and the black right tusk is part of HT's attempt at screen accuracy, along with the brush strokes visible in the gunmetal mask paint and the semi gloss helmet finish. Your Vader looks just like it should.

Reposting:

After much fighting, I managed to get the two batteries in, flipped the switch, no lights. Ok, maybe I had the batteries in backwards. Much more fighting, got them in, switch both ways, no lights.

Also, here is my lineup so far. Just got ANH Luke in today. Wish the belt boxes on Vader were lit up....

Very cool photo TR! As for the belt boxes I'm going to forget about anything electronic on my Vader except the lightsaber. I don't care that much, and I don't need the irritation it seems to be causing everyone.

Vader and the Spacetrooper shipped out and will arrive next Tuesday. Luke (Tatooine version) shows up tomorrow. Pretty stoked!!

What are the feet supposed to look like? I can't get mine to pivot inwards at all. Do all of them have the feet angled outward? Mine can't stand without the stand because of it. I'm wondering if maybe the pins might be on opposite legs.

Also, I don't have a small enough screwdriver, so I guess I won't be bothering with ANY of the electronics after all!

Reposting:

And, yes, the HT Vader is on the SS deluxe stand. My SS deluxe is on the HT stand on another shelf with Emperor/throne, two SS stormies, and two HT stories.

I posted a guide a few pages back regarding the belt boxes.
Once you get the batteries in, try the switch before you screw in the cover. If it isn't working, then use the tweezers to align the batteries perfectly with the connectors.

I feel bad. Not only have I removed and reinstalled the batteries in the belt several times... but I can pretty much do it in 2 seconds flat.

I wish I could help those in person..Its really like "sliding a coin into a slot" once the bottom battery is inside and flush.

What are the feet supposed to look like? I can't get mine to pivot inwards at all. Do all of them have the feet angled outward? Mine can't stand without the stand because of it. I'm wondering if maybe the pins might be on opposite legs.

My feet don't pivot either but he can stand flat on both feet with legs at shoulder-width part.

I've heard a few people say theirs doesn't pivot either; heard no one say theirs does.

Back