1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What stand does the Interrogator Droid come with? I've seen the flimsy vacu-formed one, but seem to remember a post earlier by another member saying there was a better stand for the droid taped and hidden under the black tray?

What stand does the Interrogator Droid come with? I've seen the flimsy vacu-formed one, but seem to remember a post earlier by another member saying there was a better stand for the droid taped and hidden under the black tray?

The flimsy one is what is taped to the underside of the tray.

I didnt even unpack that flimsy stand.
I contemplated buying an additional red Stormie stand for the droid but thought..really.."how often does Vader have that black basketball hovering around him?"

Such a mixed bag. Excellent figure, but there are parts of him that Sideshow achieved higher marks, in my opinion. He's a lot of fun, for sure.

However, I wish both companies would steal a page from Medicom, regarding the lightsaber....

036.jpg

028.jpg

011.jpg

004.jpg

Yep, definitely a mixed bag like rubio mentioned. Honestly, I opened him up and my first thought was "This isn't $150 better than my modified ANH Sideshow" and I put him back in the box and moved on to Luke which arrived today too.

After I decided to put the batteries in and play with the poorly designed sound function I started to appreciate him more. The gloves are a nonissue for me. I actually like the articulation that comes from that design.

Anyways, here's a pic right after I got his clothes and gear back on. Looks good with Obi.

image.jpeg

I like Vader looks best w/ his cape covering his arms up. I can't stand posing him and exposing the arms which should of had a more tighter fit to them. I don't even want to mention about how much I dislike his boots. His mask and cape are my best feature on this figure.

I can see Vader's "angry eyebrows" in your pic, Coco. I love it. :lol

So do you like him now or what?

:lol

Yeah, I do. Mostly because of the articulated gloved hands, nicer helmet and over all scale is better than SS's.

Had I been able to walk into my toy room, push the remote button and hear my buddy's sweet, sweet voice anytime, everytime then I would have been over the moon. Such a stupid design flaw that ruins a really cool bonus.

Yeah, the electronics are aggravating. I hope the ESB version has a button rather than switch to solve the "I can't find it" problem.

But its a stellar figure beyond that. The mask alone is a piece of art.

Yep, definitely a mixed bag like rubio mentioned. Honestly, I opened him up and my first thought was "This isn't $150 better than my modified ANH Sideshow" and I put him back in the box and moved on to Luke which arrived today too.

After I decided to put the batteries in and play with the poorly designed sound function I started to appreciate him more. The gloves are a nonissue for me. I actually like the articulation that comes from that design.

Anyways, here's a pic right after I got his clothes and gear back on. Looks good with Obi.

View attachment 232848

You guys are making me want Obi now :slap

The electronics in the back are annoying....the lightsaber one is pretty easy to reach. Got mine from Sideshow last week, so this guy is shipping in waves...

I have a spare Vader body I will be disassembling to determine how feasible it will be to mount the electronics neatly in the stand. The sound feature is actually very nice and I want to attempt to salvage it. If it's workable, I'll post details.

Back