1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to sell my ANH Vader while waiting for my RO Version. I really dig them both... couldn't let it go.
Just swapped out the flappy ANH gloves for RO gloves for the display.
IMG_7955.jpg

I was looking at this at a store today and those ANH gloved hands looked terrible but I was wanted people's thoughts on whether this ANH version or the Rogue One version would be the better option for someone looking to get a good Vader (not necessarily specific to a particular OT look but just a generally good Vader). Does the tunic on the Rogue One version have the flexibility to lift over the chest armour to make a decent ANH option? Or would it be better to get the ANH and then just join the queue of people looking for Rogue One gloved hands?

Do I, the rogue one tunic easily can be worked over the armor. I like the ANH better over the two. The rogue gloves are nice but hindered slightly by a lack of wrist articulation.

LOVE that force grab saber pose. :clap

Thanks Cap'n:D

I was looking at this at a store today and those ANH gloved hands looked terrible but I was wanted people's thoughts on whether this ANH version or the Rogue One version would be the better option for someone looking to get a good Vader (not necessarily specific to a particular OT look but just a generally good Vader)

Its a toss up for me. Both are great, but lack some things that the other provides.
All around good solid Vader is the RO version IMO

Thanks Cap'n:D
Its a toss up for me. Both are great, but lack some things that the other provides.
All around good solid Vader is the RO version IMO

Yeah... Thanks for the advice. I can get the ANH version for £220 which is at least £100 cheaper than I've seen the RO version. Only thing I can really see that I'd like to switch from the ANH version is the gloves (as everyone else has said). I might pick that one up as it also has that very nice Interrogation Droid included and see if I can get some hands further down the line if they bother me that much.

I still think ANH vader is the better of the two. Putting the gloves aside he just has more menace. RO is so shiny and new it needs a nappy. It's a great looking figure, but to me just seems too idealised if you prefer that original menace from ANH. Adding RO gloves does help if you want a pose showing his hands but I like ANH Vader in a more neutral pose so the cape hides the gloves. And the robes on ANH are so nice. The inner robe on RO frustrates me no end with it flaring out. Good luck find RO gloves. They were pretty hard to get when the figure was around. I tried a few times and missed. Then they got so expensive it's partly why I bought the RO Vader.

I still think ANH vader is the better of the two. Putting the gloves aside he just has more menace. RO is so shiny and new it needs a nappy. It's a great looking figure, but to me just seems too idealised if you prefer that original menace from ANH. Adding RO gloves does help if you want a pose showing his hands but I like ANH Vader in a more neutral pose so the cape hides the gloves. And the robes on ANH are so nice. The inner robe on RO frustrates me no end with it flaring out. Good luck find RO gloves. They were pretty hard to get when the figure was around. I tried a few times and missed. Then they got so expensive it's partly why I bought the RO Vader.

Agreed. I used to have both Vaders, ANH (jazzinc mod) and RO, and only kept the ANH with RO gloves. Indeed the RO hands are better, but with a nice pose you can hide the ANH flaws.

I was looking at this at a store today and those ANH gloved hands looked terrible but I was wanted people's thoughts on whether this ANH version or the Rogue One version would be the better option for someone looking to get a good Vader (not necessarily specific to a particular OT look but just a generally good Vader). Does the tunic on the Rogue One version have the flexibility to lift over the chest armour to make a decent ANH option? Or would it be better to get the ANH and then just join the queue of people looking for Rogue One gloved hands?

Even though I have ANH Vader, if you just want a general representation of Vader, I'm going to say the R1 version. All of his armors have been shiny, with the exception of ANH. I personally prefer his ANH look in particular, so I'm sticking with my ANH one.

Yeah... I'm starting to think I can live with the hands on the ANH version especially as it's much cheaper and the interrogation droid is a nice touch. I can always switch things out with a future EBS or ROTJ version if and when HT comes out with that.

Do Sideshow hands fit with the HT figures? There's a listing for some SS gloved hands that are quite reasonable.

I think they can be made to fit but the pleats are in the wrong direction if accuracy is important to you.

What's this now?? please explain!

In episode 4 the stitching is left to right on the gloves. ESB and Rotj they are vertical. The sideshow deluxe Vader gloves will fit on the rogue one or ANH body. Just use plyers to remove the peg

Back