1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my 3 Vaders, ESB, Bacta, ANH

b0da9de1986ecfa50c2f48d7a000f3b2.jpg

7030ad9e6727af8def3b3a7bf21c43e0.jpg

Someone should definitely make a Vader Recipe thread!

I have a thread in the custom section (the Vader Project) it was a bash using a Vader head and a muscle
Body

Looks good to me.

So I remember an early futz that was touted around, which was to undo the strap on the cod piece to move it higher, but I found the best method is to still use the strap but to pull the pants up as much as possible so the cod piece sits higher. This prevents the pants from looking baggy and achieves the more important higher cod piece goal.

Sorry, a bit OOT. I had the SSC Darth Vader Deluxe on eBay for $260 but it didn't sell. Was that price too optimistic?

Sorry, a bit OOT. I had the SSC Darth Vader Deluxe on eBay for $260 but it didn't sell. Was that price too optimistic?

Not a terrible price, although the ones I've seen sell in the groups have been around $200-230

As you wish...

Moved the cod piece up a bit too but maybe too much?
Looks pretty good. I think I detached the strap that goes under the crotch and stuffed it under the cod piece, then moved the cod piece up more than the strap would allow and lined up the belt right on top of it, with belt boxes moved more towards the buckle:
IMG_1151.jpg

Replaced the R1 inner robe with the original one and did a little futzing.

OPEN FIRE!!!!!!

2nsq2oi.jpg

Back