1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a weird question. Concerning the silver protrusions at the corners of his mouthpiece, is one supposed to be more painted than the other? I thought my figure had a painting defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to re-work the nose plug to have it look a little more accurate,there's a little work needed to get it out but once you remove some of the plastic on the inside it pops out easy.I shortened it and repainted it to look something a little closer to how it should. I also found that putting a wee piece/sheet of white plastic behind the eye lens makes the amber color pop more... View attachment 246100View attachment 246099View attachment 246098View attachment 246097

Good matrix nice work :clap

Maybe we need to do a sticky about the tusk(s)....if I had a dollar every time someone thought it was an error, I'd have ONE HUNDRED GAZILLION DOLLARS!!! Ok, probably twelve bucks

Maybe we need to do a sticky about the tusk(s)....if I had a dollar every time someone thought it was an error, I'd have ONE HUNDRED GAZILLION DOLLARS!!! Ok, probably twelve bucks

No, I know what you mean though. I do think it's probably one of the more common questions in the thread.

I decided to re-work the nose plug to have it look a little more accurate,there's a little work needed to get it out but once you remove some of the plastic on the inside it pops out easy.I shortened it and repainted it to look something a little closer to how it should.

Well DAM son! that's GREAT!!! could you please elaborate a bit on what you had to cut out to get to the nose?? did it seem like the breather piece would come out? IS the nose piece a separate piece, or is it attached to the breather? just a little guidance please, mentor!

peace,
-r.

Thanks Matt, I didn't want to ruin my figure. I guess it's a common question because people tend to notice things out of symmetry.

What amazes me more than the fact that so many people don't know the tusk thing by now, is that so many people even notice such a tiny insignificant detail on a face that's little bigger than your thumb.

Thanks Matt, I didn't want to ruin my figure. I guess it's a common question because people tend to notice things out of symmetry.

It's also a testament to how detailed HT tends to make these figures. Intentional "blemishes" all too often get mistaken as "defects".

I'm actually surprised that nobody has asked about the scratches on the mask on the Kylo figure.

It's also a testament to how detailed HT tends to make these figures. Intentional "blemishes" all too often get mistaken as "defects".

I'm actually surprised that nobody has asked about the scratches on the mask on the Kylo figure.
I think I saw someone actually post about the scratches a couple of days ago.

People ask about everything. Sand in Kylo's boots.... scratches on Vader's right cheek.... dents in threepio.... dirt deco on Jakkutrooper shoes....

If its a unique detail, someone will ask if everyone has it.

agreed! I am starting to think HT should have put a disclaimer on Vader, explaining the worn look is normal

Are they doing a second run of these? A UK company, Big Chief Studios, has them up for preorder with a delivery date of December. Presumably they'll fix the sound feature.

People ask about everything. Sand in Kylo's boots.... scratches on Vader's right cheek.... dents in threepio.... dirt deco on Jakkutrooper shoes....

If its a unique detail, someone will ask if everyone has it.

Don't forget the Stormtrooper indent on the arm armor.

Wonder when Sideshow will ship my Hot Toys Vader?..........

IMG_5921_sw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back