1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the fence on which to buy but after seeing these comparison pics I'm leaning towards the HT Vader. Still wish the chest box had the light up feature.

I'm still on the fence, I already own both Sideshow versions. Do I have room for another Vader? The gloves is what's really holding me up at this point.

I was on the fence on which to buy but after seeing these comparison pics I'm leaning towards the HT Vader. Still wish the chest box had the light up feature.

In ANH Vader's chest never lit up, so for accuracy no light up feature. They get that detail right, but not chest box... :dunno

I'm still on the fence, I already own both Sideshow versions. Do I have room for another Vader? The gloves is what's really holding me up at this point.

Since you have two other Vaders to pose; maybe give the HT version an intimidating museum pose, but with his hands under his cape. Similar to this:
13ec3b6ba54a4e4f3f896ad0e9b807c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer HT's to SS forsure. The helmet looks awesome. I don't mind the chest box/belt placement. I know it's not screen accurate, but if you look at the SS Vader, He looks like a grandpa Vader. It all looks really crammed in there.

Lol! Every time I read one of your posts, I imagine it as the voice of Robert Downey Jr. playing Lazarus from Tropic Thunder! I can't help it. It's that avatar. I laugh every time!
I'm not sure when we'll see this figure stateside. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for the white guy that plays a white guy, who plays a black guy.

Hahaha

Since you have two other Vaders to pose; maybe give the HT version an intimidating museum pose, but with his hands under his cape. Similar to this:
13ec3b6ba54a4e4f3f896ad0e9b807c6.jpg

That's a good idea, I could do that. I do think they hit a home run with the helmet and mask.

Those comparison pics are really something. [emoji38] If there is one other thing I really with HT did was the red tinge on the lenses. Funny enough, the ANH SSC figure had it, and it looked great.

Hey guys, remember the famous Marmit Vader that was never produced? Look at how good the Hot Toys version looks next to it.

Vader.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Keeping my preorder - and the Deluxe SSC Vader was a lot shorter than their ANH Vader, so really glad to see HT Vader is even shorter - should be about right for the scale now

Preordered, looks superb....doubt I'll make any changes other than look at everyone futzing tips.
Ordered mine from Popcultcha, though I got an email yesterday saying it'll be end of Jan before they get these in.

Preordered, looks superb....doubt I'll make any changes other than look at everyone futzing tips.
Ordered mine from Popcultcha, though I got an email yesterday saying it'll be end of Jan before they get these in.

That's the worst thing for me at the moment, don't think there is a chance to get this before Christmas.

But it looks really great!

Keeping my preorder - and the Deluxe SSC Vader was a lot shorter than their ANH Vader, so really glad to see HT Vader is even shorter - should be about right for the scale now

I thought it was a little bit shorter. Like an 1/8" or 1/4" at most. Never had the ANH version but didn't like the height of the deluxe.

Back