1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or is the mask actually asymmetrical? They even added some weathering onto it as well. :monkey5

22378547178_a24096fb51_c.jpg

I don't understand the gloves though. :( Why the decision to make them like that? Could have just done what Sideshow did and include multiple gloves with various hand poses.

22770969986_c7b7fb26e6_c.jpg

tumblr_lremw5KU8k1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

He looks pretty damn good in that video other than the chest box. Never will understand how relatively simple stuff doesn't get done right

Yeah, the gloves really suck. And the chest box. Been that way from the beginning. Doesn't look like they changed anything. Also don't care for that stitching on the cape, but likely nothing you can do there.

But that detail weathering on the cheek is great. I sure hope the helmet can be lowered as easily as the SS one.

Holy cow!!!!!

Well my "droopy-face" fears have been well and truly fixed now :yess:

Personally, they knocked it out of the park except for those damned gloves :slap

And I'm thinking I might do the cape upgrade again.

But that helmet is a thing of beauty for 1/6 scale.

It does look great, but I still don't at all see ANH Vader? Am I crazy?

It's got traces of ANH Vader here and there but I'm not entirely convinced. Waiting for more pics.

Yeah, the gloves really suck. And the chest box. Been that way from the beginning. Doesn't look like they changed anything. Also don't care for that stitching on the cape, but likely nothing you can do there.

But that detail weathering on the cheek is great. I sure hope the helmet can be lowered as easily as the SS one.

I'd wager Tony Mei will be doing custom capes/robes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a modification thread along the lines of the DX12. Lots of people will be making changes.

Chest box and the cape can be swapped out. Not sure what to do with the gloves though. They bother me the most with how much they stick out

I rewatched the SS video for their deluxe and then this again. Helmet despite its flaws clearly looks better to me, but still not really ANH as has been said. They show very little of the body in this video though. Still curious about the height. Hopefully this is being released tonight or soon. Can't wait for pics.

SSC Vader is still better than HT Vader with these early shots.

Also... that Kenobi looks terrible in the duel with Vader....

I'm gonna have to agree that the helmet doesn't look very ANH. There's something off about it, like it almost looks too "sleek"? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for. I would've loved to see the lit light saber feature.

Also... that Kenobi looks terrible in the duel with Vader....

I bet my left nut this will be regarded as the best 1/6 mass-produced when it lands in peoples hands.

When the video started I was prepared to look at pre-ordering. I was even able to overlook the Hasbro talking gimmick.

The 54 second mark stopped me in my tracks.

22796879495_cb3acbcaeb_o.png

Something oddly awkward about that.

Then 2 seconds later, those gloves again:

22808089961_bb28d989a0_o.png

g1407258701379773855.jpg

Early shots, as with previous ones, make me appreciate the SS more, even with all its faults and the fact I have him standing in the back corner of a shelf!

To be fair there was some pretty bad posing in that HT video.

Really hard to photograph a big, black Vader.

Chest box size and the gloves in their entirety should have been fixed. But.... it will fit right in with Ben's face, Han's face, Chewie's... face... and Leia's dress and Luke's.... well, there will be something.

It looks amazingly well made, but do you feel it looks like '77 Vader?

We all jump up and down about how crap they are, then we get them and make them look amazing. Look at Chewie, as an example.

I have the ANH SSC and I had to put a lot of work into making that look right. My guess, is it will take a lot less on this to make it GOLD.

I bet my left nut this will be regarded as the best 1/6 mass-produced when it lands in peoples hands.

I would take that bet.... but I have no need for a left nut.

When the video started I was prepared to look at pre-ordering. I was even able to overlook the Hasbro talking gimmick.

g1407258701379773855.jpg

Early shots, as with previous ones, make me appreciate the SS more, even with all its faults and the fact I have him standing in the back corner of a shelf!

To be fair there was some pretty bad posing in that HT video.

:lol:lol:lol

Im not really a fan of the talking feature. I rather would have saved some money than that being included as a feature. I have my Vader posed with my OT HT figures and although he is to tall/large.... he does fit in quality wise.

It looks amazingly well made, but do you feel it looks like '77 Vader?

Anyone else getting a ROTS vibe from this?

Back