1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!!!!

HT did an amazing job on that face! And I'm stoked to see that its a removable helmet as well! :panic:

The sad thing is that the Prowse head SHOULD have been included or at least the exclusive.

..so guys.. any like uhh.. updates??

I just heard that HT have shipped the last of them over to Sideshow's factory for paint application...

22807843041_4379ac3461_o.jpg

(Leaked sample, but should look better in hand).

The dialogue made me grimace a bit, but the figure looks pretty good from most angles shown in the video, except maybe straight ahead a couple times.

Its not perfect, but I think its safe to say that is the closest we've gotten to an accurate vader helmet. That dome blows all the others away. The armor could look better but I think some futzing will do wonders.

Just gave me a toy vibe, that's all. I mean, I don't think I'd want to have my Han Solo figure talk either, but it's not a big deal. They added the sound effects for the breathing so why not make more use of the electronics they implemented.

Really does look nice... some nice weathering on the mask cheeks. I hope the voice comes out of the figure and not the stand. The remote makes things much easier.

I think I'll use the breathing the most.

The bridge of the nose looks great, finally. I never understood why Sideshow and even Kaiyodo couldn't get that right. My excitement for this release has risen so much.

Back