1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

... the ESB Vader is only incrementally better than the ANH version imo....

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-052.jpg

Neither of these look like a man in a suit to me.

If you don't see room for improvement, you're just not really looking.

I want to see something which, at a glance or with squinting eyes, I could possibly mistake for a photo of a man in a proper vader suit.....
I want the helmet to look as if they've taken a prop- and armor set - and literally miniaturized it.
Something with only minimal room for necessary improvement....

Rees a ton of reference now for all iterations or vader, so there's no excuse for wrong shapes or made up details....

Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

Neither of these look like a man in a suit to me.

If you don't see room for improvement, you're just not really looking.

Looks like 2 Vaders spinning invisible basketballs. What more could you ask for? The basketballs? :dunno

3 wasn't terrible... but not great either.

3 made his armor tech look like garbage. If you looked at the suits funny in pt.3 they break or fall apart.

Also - why even be in a suit like Hulkbuster when Tony can apparently pilot these things from a comfy chair on a yacht?

Also also - after mentioning that he saved NY from the Chitauri invasion several times Tony destroys his suits just to make Pepper happy?

Ok what is the difference between ANH vader and ESB vader. Because it looks like the inner tunic was just moved under the football armor. Can someone do pic showing differences

Ok what is the difference between ANH vader and ESB vader. Because it looks like the inner tunic was just moved under the football armor. Can someone do pic showing differences

Someone posted pics several pages back...

Ultimately vader had to look more machine like, so they showed the armor instead of hiding it, and shined him up to look more sleek and to differentiate between the old alliance and the financially capable empire...
Among the differences are the repainted and partially resculpted vader helmet including a cleaner two toned paint job, wider chin vent and loss if the domes widows peak...placement of the do e is also higher. The chest box and belt has slightly different greeblies and the belt is worn lower.
The gloves are different patterns and shorter, ribs were transverse instead of lengthwise as with the latter versions.

3 made his armor tech look like garbage. If you looked at the suits funny in pt.3 they break or fall apart.
Also - why even be in a suit like Hulkbuster when Tony can apparently pilot these things from a comfy chair on a yacht?
Also also - after mentioning that he saved NY from the Chitauri invasion several times Tony destroys his suits just to make Pepper happy?
I think there's a difference between having 1 suit and then going overboard with hundreds of basically the same thing, even making dangerous versions that act on their own based on his emotional state. Difference between sanity and obsession. But... I thought him blowing them up at the end was stupid as well, as he is basically littering the whole area with metal and chemical debris as well as oil. That's one heck of a clean-up bill, not to mention potential lawsuits from people and places being impaled by those pieces - or since it's America: lawsuits from simply witnessing it and experiencing emotional distress and winning millions.

Now. Back to Vader. I really hope Hot Toys scan 1:1 helmet and armor and scale it down to sixth scale - or, a percentage larger to anticipate shrinkage from master to production piece. That's pretty much the only way to go now.

I want to see something which, at a glance or with squinting eyes, I could possibly mistake for a photo of a man in a proper vader suit.....
I want the helmet to look as if they've taken a prop- and armor set - and literally miniaturized it.
Something with only minimal room for necessary improvement....

Rees a ton of reference now for all iterations or vader, so there's no excuse for wrong shapes or made up details....

That used to be my hope as well for 1:6 figures, but I think it's just not realisitic. The closest thing to what you are describing is hurricane's Vader, and he spent years and years improving his versions to get it to that level. While HT of course has greater means and more people working on it, they also have time and budgetary contraints keeping them from that level of perfection IMO. Of course this is not to say I don't want to be pleasantly surprised, but I don't see it happening.

Hopefully HT's is 'perfect' so we can finally have some peace in regards to Vader. Nitpicking and *****ing about the SSC's is one of my least favourite things to read in this section simply because of how much it's reiterated by the same people ad nauseum. Gets tiring when anytime anyone says it's OK, it's like an invitation for 'someone' *coughs* to ridicule their taste. Hopefully HT's is 'good enough' for all the self proclaimed Vader 1:6th experts. :pray:

I completely agree. Bring on dat perfect Vader.... v1 of course.

We all know HT will hold back on something though. It's inevitable that this conversation will never end.

Someone posted pics several pages back...

Ultimately vader had to look more machine like, so they showed the armor instead of hiding it, and shined him up to look more sleek and to differentiate between the old alliance and the financially capable empire...
Among the differences are the repainted and partially resculpted vader helmet including a cleaner two toned paint job, wider chin vent and loss if the domes widows peak...placement of the do e is also higher. The chest box and belt has slightly different greeblies and the belt is worn lower.
The gloves are different patterns and shorter, ribs were transverse instead of lengthwise as with the latter versions.

Ok I see. I did move the robe in front on the new vader and allowed him to play as ANH. I like the newer helmet the rest of details are subtle I should get away with it. I had him shortened and he now is the right height

Hopefully HT's is 'perfect' so we can finally have some peace...

:lol

You so funny. Nothing can stop the bitching!!!

Fanboy 1: Define perfect. If perfect is screen accurate then the helmet should have flaws and be asymmetrical. The bell when seen directly from above should not be perfectly round. The hand crafting of the original should be visible.

Fanboy 2: shut your whore mouth!!! Perfect means all the things can couldn't do right on screen should be fixed because we have computers and 3d printing unlike the 80's. I want a perfectly symmetrical mask and dome.

Back