1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. Here's the toothbrush treatment on my Chewie. He may still be a bit dark, but I was amazed at how much the color improved after removing most of the product/adhesive and brushing him out...

IMG1032.jpg

IMG1033.jpg

Wow, yes.........!

There really isn't much of a contest here between a futzed ANH Chewie and the TFA one. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to snag one - I expect the ANH one will dry up soon with people who waited to see the TFA outcome first.

i know people that paid for TFA chewie doesn't want to accept reality, but that version plain ol sucks

When you all are combing him out, are you using just water or something dipped to get the initial residue or whatnot off?

Feel free to do a 'how to' vid anytime man......hey, i can send you mine to practice on!!!!! LOL, hey, had to try!!!!

I wish I would have taken more pictures during the process. Here is a picture after I painted the lips, nose and was preparing to paint the face. I combed all the hair out and went to work.....

20170314_163429.jpg

ec7239825f015df02322ff489a95262f.jpg
d8b25bd63caf4a0f19afda5775254f6a.jpg

Thanks to all for the brushing tips...just a few minutes made a big improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally broke down and picked one up from Sideshow. Didn't want to miss out because pictures of new TFA version don't look as good. The great pictures in this thread finally pushed me over the edge. I just hope I can get mine to look as good!!! I'm sure the wife and kids will get a kick out of me brushing/combing my Chewbacca. LOL!!!!

I finally broke down and picked one up from Sideshow. Didn't want to miss out because pictures of new TFA version don't look as good. The great pictures in this thread finally pushed me over the edge. I just hope I can get mine to look as good!!! I'm sure the wife and kids will get a kick out of me brushing/combing my Chewbacca. LOL!!!!

IMG_0241.jpg

Nice pick up and nice display! :clap Can't imaging you have too many regrets.

Thanks TonTon! No regrets at all. Once I finially decided it was time to convert my ANH Stormtrooper two pack to Luke and Han, Chewie was a must have. Took a little time to cobble the parts together, but I'm very happy with the results! The stormtrooper disguise/ detention block scene is still one of my favorites! BTW.. the wife and kids did razz me about brushing /combing the Wookiee! They know it looks great though!

Aide from not having an honorary cosmetology license upon completion of cleaning the walking rug up, this figure is everything someone could ask for in a Chewie figure, I really think.

Just got this bad boy today! Can anyone point me to any posts/ advice detailing removing the styling product Hot Toys used on the fur? It's bearable in most places but in some it's pretty bad.

anyone interested in a TFA Chewie could be interested, I guess...

image.jpg

this looks pretty awesome to me.

Back