1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detolf shot of the duo and chewie

11873487_1045751888769758_4319006446850857040_n.jpg

11884961_1045754188769528_3941742019421394049_o.jpg

So Chewie barely fits in a Detolf?

I just opened mine and it's amazing. Snout doesn't seem too pronounced, still it is noticeable. How are you guys loosening the chin hair? Are you pulling down on the fabric backing or just the hair from that?

I wonder if popping off the head and doing a little "behind the scenes surgery" (cutting into the lower part of the face from the inside) might shorten that protruding snout a little.

^ I think it looks great there, I wouldn't mod it at all if it were me.

I'm really amazed at how good this figure is looking, especially after the images we were seeing from SDCC. I'm happy for you guys that have one, I won't have mine for a while yet.

I'm relatively new to this collecting genre. But I have to believe this is one of the greatest comebacks in the history of 1/6 figures? Am I wrong? A week ago or right before paramore's pics people were thinking this figure would sell wholesale. Now it's approaching figure of the year status, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because people overreacted before the figure was even released. Same thing with the Han figure.

Only figure I have seen that deserves bad criticism recently is the 3A Master Chief that can't even hold a pose. Han and Chewie really came out well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks absolutely fantastic!:clap
So no concern about being able to put it back to the slicked back ANH look after parting it and fulling it forward like that for the ROTJ look?

Thanks! No, it's so easy to work with that there's no trouble switching between the looks.

Because people overreacted before the figure was even released. Same thing with the Han figure.

Well to be fair, most of the pics coming out WERE pretty awful. And there was no guarantee that it could be futzed into something as nice as we're seeing here (even the bloggers who usually manage to take all kinds of amazing and flattering shots of these figures weren't able to improve it at all).

So I'd say our concern was more than a little justified at the time. :)

Back