1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's another of those incomprehensible ****-ups that both HT and SS make in spite of a wealth of available reference material.

And if it came with no string people would be up in arms about that. I can hear the "I definitely prefer the string look" comments now.

You guys need the long rifle that he ran around with and actually used in several scenes. The bowcaster was in what -- one shot?

Just got an email today to say that my twin pack here in the uk won't arrive until october 😢. At least if they have changed the hs then I should get the 2.0 version. I could get them from hk but got a few preorders to pay for on the way so it won't workout to bad. By October there will probably be a Wookie hair styling thread of its own.

It's another of those incomprehensible ****-ups that both HT and SS make in spite of a wealth of available reference material.

I'd say its one more of those meaningless ****-ups that only 1% of the people in the world care about. I want accuracy just as much as anyone but some of the things people complain about on here are just mind boggling.

I just got a second Chewie head from HK.
The snout isn't as prominent and the lips are darker.

Not drawing any conclusions from that really, except it looks a lot better. This could be simply a production variation, or maybe they improved things mid batch.
There is a much more accurate curve down on the top lip. Bodes well for you guys ordering from SS.

Rory, this whole 2nd head thing is very intriguing. Great pictures and futzing too, as usual.

Curious to see that side-by-side Chewbacca V1 vs. V2.
If there is truly a 2.0 head sculpt and it is a better sculpt/likeness, I imagine many of us would want to exchange.

Just got an email today to say that my twin pack here in the uk won't arrive until october 😢. At least if they have changed the hs then I should get the 2.0 version. I could get them from hk but got a few preorders to pay for on the way so it won't workout to bad. By October there will probably be a Wookie hair styling thread of its own.

I wonder how long it will take for the speculation that there is a 2.0 production version of Chewie's head to be considered a "fact" by many collectors? I am not saying there isn't but there doesn't seem to be enough information available to conclude there is. Rory makes a great point that there just could be some variation in the production of the head (I hope QC minimizes this). Whatever the reason for the difference I would love to see the pics under the same lighting and fur futz the same to see how significant the difference between heads can be.

You guys need the long rifle that he ran around with and actually used in several scenes. The bowcaster was in what -- one shot?

Yeah he does look cool with that rifle. But the bowcaster is his own weapon, and the one we see him with most throughout the OT, so I can understand why people would want to pose him with it.

I'd say its one more of those meaningless ****-ups that only 1% of the people in the world care about. I want accuracy just as much as anyone but some of the things people complain about on here are just mind boggling.

It doesn't bother me much either.

As people have shown with their excellent futzing, Chewie can be transformed into his ESB or ROTJ appearances. So the bowcaster is accurate for 66.66% of Star Wars films rather than just 33.33%.

And even then, when there's a great big sixth scale hairy Wookiee to admire, who's going to pay attention to the fact he's showing a bit of string. :lol

So is everyone canceling because of the bowcaster? The pics I'm seeing are amazing, but suddenly realizing the bowcaster is inaccurate (which I hadn't noticed until now) has me rethinking collecting any of the HT Star Wars figures. :monkey3

What's the typical lag from Hong Kong pics to Sideshow shipping figures out, one month?

I apologize if this has been asked before but has anyone or is anyone going to mod his mouth closed? Does it even seem possible to do so?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BBTS gets their product from Sideshow, right? Sideshow is the North American distributor for everyone in this region, so even if you're buying from someone other than Sideshow in the US, it originates ultimately through Sideshow.

So, if in theory (or hypothetically as the actual case may be), there is a 2.0 head of sorts and it is something appearing in later production runs then anyone ordering from a North American retailer should be in that run. Hypothetically, of course.

And needless to say, damn fine photos. All the recent photos have been overwhelmingly positive and Rory's recent additions just drive the point home.

What's this about a 2.0 version? I went back many pages and didn't really see anything confirming this. :confused:

There ae two different headsculpts:

11013581_1046260995385514_3822561010101599350_n.jpg

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg

Great pictures from everyone! I really had my doubts about this figure but it looks really good.

Thanks for comments guys, it's a great figure with some futzing it's amazing.

Just to clarify what seems like it could become a forest fire. I never said there were two sculpts, I just commented that a second sculpt I picked up was better than the first. That could simply be normal production variance and fur finish, which is pretty understandable on a figure like this or they could have amended a few things as they were produced. I really doubt that it's even a batch thing. The differences? The lips are darker and fitted a little better, the snout not so pronounced, that could be a fur application thing. Who knows at this stage. What it does show though is that there will be a lot of variance in these heads. I started to take one apart and it's extremely complex. Small sections of fabric backed fur attached on a plastic holding structure.

I still have not seen one as bad as the blogger pics showed on release for example.
It's a wait and see situation.

According to Wookieepedia:
The twin polarizers would then magnetically accelerate the energized quarrel out of the bow.

Then a string doesn't make sense at all. The thing is either flinging the quarrel with a string or using magnetic fields to propel the projectiles like a rail gun which is what I always thought it did as a kid.

Back