1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do we need all that nonsense? :lol

It should look close to spot on in front of you, with no name house light bulbs.

Otherwise.. :pfft:
Just trying to stay positive.. lol. I want these guys bad. And yes the likenesses should be good without any sort of lights, but most have dioder from IKEA so I said that. :lol

Just trying to stay positive.. lol. I want these guys bad. And yes the likenesses should be good without any sort of lights, but most have dioder from IKEA so I said that. :lol
:lol

I'm expecting perfection with natural sunlight through my window.

In other words, I'm happy to settle for looking at the in hand pics & letting you guys enjoy the QC horror stories. :lol

I'm still looking forward to getting Han & Chewie. Mind you I pre-ordered with OSB, so I may be waiting a fair while.

Here's an angle we haven't seen before; looks like he's got something shoved in his mouth...
...or he's had an allergic reaction and his mouth has swollen up :slap

Would someone please photoshop in that Wookie's jumbo Hubba Bubba bubble? He's trying really hard but that first bubble is always the toughest.

it would be better:

IMG_2789_zpshog3jnrz.jpg

Question for everyone who is still getting this version of Chewie, when Hot Toys makes a better one will you buy that on too? Or will this one be enough? Remember all the different versions of the Bale Batman and the Dark Knight Joker? Each one seemed better than the last.

Question for everyone who is still getting this version of Chewie, when Hot Toys makes a better one will you buy that on too? Or will this one be enough? Remember all the different versions of the Bale Batman and the Dark Knight Joker? Each one seemed better than the last.

I'd buy a RoTJ Chewie with non slicked back hair

.:goodpost: I second on that. you never know there might not be another chewie
I'm sure they'll revisit Chewie, even if sales this time around are a bit disappointing. Issue for me is I'm building up my collection but likely won't have anything on display for a yearish (want to replace my floors and get some custom cabinets), and I don't think they'll age that well in comparison to whatever's hopefully on order by that time (and if they do hold up well, I don't expect they'll be difficult to acquire).

I'd have preferred to have all ANH but thinking about it, it won't bother me if I have ANH Luke/Leia, Ben, Vader and ESB Han and Chewie. Not planning on getting the Falcon dio so these guys will all have their own space. Eating all these NRDs lately is sure a good lesson not to pre-order, though, and just be more patient. I'm leaning about 70/30 to cancelling this set but will wait for in-hand photos before making a final decision.

I've got the two-pack on preorder and will stick with those for a while. I'm confident that HT will deliver a very good, if not completely perfect, final product.

If the final production figure look like this turd and I decide to cancel the exclusive set, I appreciate I would lose the deposit as it's non refundable. However, this must be the exception to the rule and where the figure looks nothing like the prototype therefore is a violation. What do you think?

What about SS return policy? If your not satisfied within a certain amount of days you can send it back for a full refund right? I guess that won't include the deposit though huh?

If the final production figure look like this turd and I decide to cancel the exclusive set, I appreciate I would lose the deposit as it's non refundable. However, this must be the exception to the rule and where the figure looks nothing like the prototype therefore is a violation. What do you think?
If you have it on flex those penalties are worse than the NRD. In regards to final product being different to the prototype, we all acknowkedge that when accepting the NRD, I believe.

What about SS return policy? If your not satisfied within a certain amount of days you can send it back for a full refund right? I guess that won't include the deposit though huh?
Imagine you would be out the NRD plus shipping back to SSC.

I'm getting this one. Don't know if/when they will do another one and what that will look like. What if the next one they do is from TFA and obviously doesn't look like an OT version? That could mean a few/several years before an ESB or ROTJ version comes out that looks better. By that time it won't be a big deal for me to pick up a second one. Since I'll get the Falcon (if it's made), I'd be more than happy to stick this one (and this Han) in the cockpit and have a ROTJ/ESB Han and Chewy on more prominent display. But I think in hand this Chewy is going to be pretty decent. When we look at these close up prototype shots that have been handled and mishandled at toy fairs with the characters in isolation, I think we lose sight of how they look as a group. Is the Ford likeness perfect? No, but in that outfit on shelves with all of the other SW figures and accessories, it will make our brains perceive him to look better than just an up close isolated photo. Same goes with Chewy as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to getting both.

Back