1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they have released some poor sculpts in the past (looking at the DX05 of course), but I just don't see them releasing Chewie how he was at the Con. They got their butts ripped on Facebook for it. I sense a small delay coming. They don't want cancellations.

1003172_593512014027524_623526218_n.jpg

star-wars-018.jpg

Wor-Gar, perfect example photo! That says it all. Eyes and nose aside. It is the muzzle that is killing this figure. Seriously, this is terrible and they need to fix it. Im happy to have a delay if that gets this corrected. It isnt acceptable as is. It just isnt, and that photo shows why. His muzzle sticks out twice as far as it should.

Agree. Need a delay. Need to fix the Harrison sculpt while they are at it. Push this back to next year if need be, just get it right.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I doubt they'd go round 3 on Han. I would welcome a Chewie delay for improvements. They could start by adding the cleft to the lip. It doesn't look like they've done anything to the sculpted parts of his face (eyes, nose, mouth) in all this time.

Agree. Need a delay. Need to fix the Harrison sculpt while they are at it. Push this back to next year if need be, just get it right.

That will never happen. They'll release a mediocre product to ca$h in on the movie hype then release a "new and improved" 2.0 a few years later and ca$h in again.

That will never happen. They'll release a mediocre product to ca$h in on the movie hype then release a "new and improved" 2.0 a few years later and ca$h in again.

Think your right which is fine by me , I will use the $$ for another Sixth scale purchase and wait for the 2.0 improved version or see what SS does.

I'm leaning towards not losing my mind over this.

If it's not tweaked it won't be a great figure. It probably won't even be a really good figure. But I doubt it'll be a bad figure. For Chewbacca, I'm OK with OK.

having to put an NRD down based on a prototype doesn't seem fair... i am still optimistic, but having put the cash out already, feeling a little cornered.

never forget, we are the ones who hold the power... we can change things through our own behavior. SS asking for an NRD may only result in massive return requests... has Hot Toys gone form "0 to 60" too quickly with the quality suffering because so? are they delivering the Vader we deserve? the Han we deserve? at these prices, do they assume too much (or too little) of us? send the unsatisfactory product back... demand refunds... let SS become a holding company for half assed made toys. it is in our hands.

Is there a option at SS to transfer our NRD to another product if we are not satisfied with the end result. For example I plan to buy Returns Batman but have not place a pre-order. If Chewie looks far from proto can I argue SS to move the NRD to returns

I'd like to know what proportion of SS and HT customers are "average joes" vs the connoisseurs who frequent these boards. If most are willing to settle for less than perfect, they can keep doing what they're doing.

For the record, I'm probably closer to the the "easily satisfied" camp.

Is there a option at SS to transfer our NRD to another product if we are not satisfied with the end result. For example I plan to buy Returns Batman but have not place a pre-order. If Chewie looks far from proto can I argue SS to move the NRD to returns
If you never moved one or had an NRD waived, before, they'll do it once. Don't think you can really argue that it's different than the prototype since they make it very clear that what you're ordering is a prototype and that the final product may differ. Plus, if they have mass cancellations on Chewie and the set, they will need those NRDs to off-set their losses. If I cancel, I'm not going to begrudge them the NRD, personally. We had an agreement and I'm breaking it. And if I pay, I want the rest of you guys to pay, too, lol. :lol

EDIT: What Invictus said. :)

It seems as a courtesy they will let customers transfer an NRD once, but that's it. I cancelled the two-pack a while back and moved the NRD to the Taun Taun. The other option is getting the item (paying for shipping) and returning for a full refund (so paying for shipping both ways), that probably comes out where you're roughly paying the NRD or even more, but it means you can check out the figure in hand. I don't think you lose the NRD on top of the round trip shipping but you'd have to double check with SS customer service on that.

Back