1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree. Need a delay. Need to fix the Harrison sculpt while they are at it. Push this back to next year if need be, just get it right.

I believed the delay is not due to the correction being done(?) But delay in meeting the volume for there first batch release.
I haven't order this figure yet. Until I see an on hand review. Like others will do. And I agree if they delay this next year just to correct this figure.

I believed the delay is not due to the correction being done(?) But delay in meeting the volume for there first batch release.
I haven't order this figure yet. Until I see an on hand review. Like others will do.

It seems like the delay may have been to have time to work on Han and Chewie, and they pushed the stormtroopers into production first instead. Doesn't seem like they did anything with Chewie though. Han we all saw had the headsculpt tweaked.

I am not saying they did anything to Chewie. I am saying they need to delay him further and get this right. Take more time. Han still needs work as well.

How is it that they can get the original 'prototype' picture near perfect but send out this SDDC Cherie? I don't get it? How can the prototype look worse than the final product? I hope they fix the face!

I was really excited about getting to see all the HT Star Wars stuff first hand at SDCC. I have to say that for the most part, the figures I was on the fence about looked much better in person (Han, Obi Wan, Luke, are OK and Leia looks great).

However, this was very much the opposite impression from Chewie. I really was trying to convince myself to pre-order him from the proto pics but when I saw him in person my heart dropped a bit.

Both figures, the one in the Falcon, and the one standing next to Solo are pretty much identical in their appearance and therefore the flaws are as well (which leads me to believe these are not just proto-types but either production or factory test runs) . The actual fur, body, accessories, height, etc. came out pretty much as I had hoped. The one fatal flaw is the muzzle. it sticks out really far, like some sort of other animal, not a Wookie and certainly not Chewie. His eyes appear a bit close together but I think a bit of futzing with some pomade would "open" up the eye sockets a bit - maybe. However. That muzzle cannot be futzed, it is inherent in the under-sculpture that the hair is glued to.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade as it is my own that has been torrentially eradicated but I cannot buy a figure that looks like this. I would rather he be delayed repeatedly as SSC did until they got Grievous into a state that fans could be happy with. I am not looking for identical or even close but a lot closer than what was shown at SDCC this weekend.

Curious why so many are canceling prior to in hand photos from HK. We dont know exactly wjat we are getting until then.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I doubt they'd go round 3 on Han. I would welcome a Chewie delay for improvements. They could start by adding the cleft to the lip. It doesn't look like they've done anything to the sculpted parts of his face (eyes, nose, mouth) in all this time.

Interesting comparison.

I'm keeping my order until the last possible minute because it costs me nothing...

B8u7Eo2CAAEluoe.jpg

Some of the reference photos Hot Toys used for this Chewbacca.

starblaz1.jpg hank.jpg orang.jpg chimp.jpg

It doesn't look like they've done anything to the sculpted parts of his face (eyes, nose, mouth) in all this time.

They're still poor, but at the very least, the mouth is very different between the two images you posted. Both lips and the teeth.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Interesting comparison.

I'm keeping my order until the last possible minute because it costs me nothing...

Same here. We haven't even seen photos of production in-hand figures from Hong Kong yet. So, this release is still at least five to six weeks away. They may even delay it briefly to make minor adjustments. I hope they do. Regardless, there is enough time for us to see in-hand photos and then decide based on the actual product and not the protos we have seen thus far.

I'm still hopeful.

May the Force be with us all...I think we need it on this one.

Yes, this is the first delay that makes me happy ;]

Pretty sure the adjustment ship has sailed unless HT halts production. With this slated to arrive in August, it's got to be in production already, possibly finishing up.

Back