1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really hoping this will be like ACI Aragorn where a little bit of futzing will achieve spectacular results.

Oh my god Looks like I'll be asking for a refund
View attachment 195927
If this is what i unbox it's going straight back to sideshow, the proto was at least workable this is a disaster.

View attachment 195930

Actually i may not it does looks somewhat salvageable, what needs to happen is mustache darken and top of head. I wish the eyes were 1/16"further apart but i guess i can live with it.

Wow, Chewy really looks bad in these pics. I am really surprised HT is ok with displaying him looking so bad.

I'd be fine with a delay, not too worried about the final product either. I'm sure it will turn out good. If not, can always return it.

Hopefully that 'display' Chewbacca is the same one that's been carried around for over a year to various shows and its just showing its exhaustion.

Maybe the production Chewbacca will be OK.

Anyone know which Chewie is seated in the Falcon? The offending Chewie?

Im totally OK with a delay for the head to get fixed. Just narrow the width of the head and reduce the muzzle size. He looks like a dog right now. Seriously.

Hopefully that 'display' Chewbacca is the same one that's been carried around for over a year to various shows and its just showing its exhaustion.

Maybe the production Chewbacca will be OK.

Anyone know which Chewie is seated in the Falcon? The offending Chewie?

There are two Chewies at SDCC. It's unknown right now if one is a production sample or both are prototypes. :horror:pray:

I think a talented 3d artist could make a killing if they were to prototype a head with a better likeness that could go under the hair / fur from that head.( preferably with the mouth closed ) I've already paid for my two pack so I'm stuck with it unfortunately. Doesn't mean I have to keep it looking like that though.

If it looks that bad in production the market will be chock-a-block full of unwanted Chewies and two packs. Hopefully HT will do the right thing and delay Chewie as long as necessary to get him right.

They should have just sculpted this and maybe tried to do something with layered material that could simulate fur clumps

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

https://www.facebook.com/1000086427...412399&hash=-2991171147187117720&pagefilter=3

Budget Stark says this is a mass production pic

c052621a7620a75817f79566e9e49689.jpg

Back