1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually suspect the production version will look OK. Hot Toys doesn't usually give us huge let downs from solicitation proto to production. Small let downs, sure. But if it does turn out to be a failure, so be it. I won't buy. There's no rush to order or anything.

Resident Evil Alice and her final production rat face? Robocop!?!

Don't get me wrong I think you and others ha made valid points, but I don't think that this figure is a disaster like some apparently do. I guess to me while I don't think the problems the figure has should be dismissed that it overall is pretty impressive looking for being a one of a kind. For their first shot at something like this I think it looks good for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, I think they did an awesome job on the body. I'm looking forward to what people's reactions are to what it actually feels like. I'm imagining a true type in a pajama suit or something. I can't wait to see how they approached the manufacturing of it, it looks great.

The head and face though, damn son. The exaggerations that I've seen like, "it looks like a cats hair ball", "it looks like Chewbacca's son from the holiday special" aren't far off the mark though. It just doesn't look like him in the latest pics. Before, the only problem with the specs/pics proto was the eyes. They were too small, beady and dark. Now? His whole mug is jacked up.

Last edited:
Well I have one payment left on these guys and that right there is the BS part about it. We PO'd completely different looking products to what we are receiving, and they're pretty much paid off.

He looks good in these photos... So what happened? :dunno

They mass produced it. :monkey3

No, hopefully that's not the case. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if the ones shown in the past couple of days are indeed the production version. Production Han is there, why wouldn't Chewbacca? They're scheduled to be released this month right?

DiFabio brings up some good points. The figure isn't a "complete" disappointment. The body/fur looks very good. The head sculpt change from the prototype photos to the "on display at SDCC" is what has many crying "foul".

It doesn't look like the fur colors or beady eyes will be fixed but perhaps it just needs some hairspray to tighten the head sculpt hair back unto the noggin?

A lot of the issue with the face to me seems like the fur is too poofy looking. I think if you could brush it back a bit it'd look better.

DiFabio brings up some good points. The figure isn't a "complete" disappointment. The body/fur looks very good. The head sculpt change from the prototype photos to the "on display at SDCC" is what has many crying "foul".

It doesn't look like the fur colors or beady eyes will be fixed but perhaps it just needs some hairspray to tighten the head sculpt hair back unto the noggin?

And perhaps a hammer to knock his mouth section in a bit?

Doesn't hairspray start to get flaky when it gets broken up. Would something like pomade be the way to go? He should come with a little brush and some hair cream. I'm not even joking. The fur around the face will need something to keep it in check. Can't wait to see what people come up with.

The new version looks worse than the proto, which also needed some work!

Eyes are WAY too small. That "arching" brow is wrong.

The mouth is all kinds of wrong. Get rid of that excess, outward curve on the lower lip. Split the top lip like a dog.

Bring that "snout" back in.

chewbacca episode 7.jpg

The new version looks worse than the proto, which also needed some work!

Eyes are WAY too small. That "arching" brow is wrong.

The mouth is all kinds of wrong. Get rid of that excess, outward curve on the lower lip. Split the top lip like a dog.

Bring that "snout" back in.

View attachment 195803
Man this comparison picture really highlights the problems. Crazy how the whole damn head is wrong from the eyes, mouth, nose to even the color of his hair.

I get that it's their first time doing anything like this, but this is one generic-looking Wookiee right here. At the very least, the sculpted bits like the eyes and lips should've been nailed.

I love how for some it's either the eyes.. or the the mouth.. or the colour of his facial fur..

It's the whole damn HEAD! Rip it off. Throw it in the bin.

..and start again. :lol

For those still getting it, don't let the negative comments dissuade you. I doubt your real life friends will have issues recognising who that is.

Choose to buy this or not based on your own feelings :lecture

Back