1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chewie isn't looking too hot ATM. I snapped these at SDCC preview night and I'm hoping they are not final.

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Chewy is definitely looking a little odd; odder than before. You really have to wonder though... if what we're looking at there isn't a re-futzed prototype, but a production figure. This ships in a few weeks.

Guys I'm pretty sure this is all just poorly lit images. Chewie still looks good from what I see and with a bit of hair gel and tlc I'm sure he will look great. It would be good to see some photos with a flash.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180828&d=1429707497

I agree. I think maybe it's just that whoever set him up didn't wet the face fur and tighten it up. It was the first pics that looked the worst but the newer better futzed ones are showing hope. And if JC said it's not final yet, there's some more hope

I hope soon im tired of all these delays. it`s only five months until Christmas I will have to cut back before then if these keeping getting delayed

i dont blame the photos i think the figure just really looks that bad. Clearly the fur on the face isnt done too well compared to the rest. I'd like to think its a badly rushed proto. So far chewie is a no go though for me.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Han and the lorax. Coming to a cinema near you...

I hope you can take the eyes of easily. They are too close together.

It's really the colouring around the face that's letting it down imo. If they can tweak that it would make a huge improvement.. View attachment 195491View attachment 195490

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

That top photo with chewie just looks so SAD! His expressions to me says: Oh god please just kill me!

Never was a huge Chewie fan i dunno. Maybe i'll wait for the EP7 version.

To me, what is throwing it off worse is that the eyes are way too close together. Compare them with the Han figure. It becomes obvious.

attachment.php

I am not deterred. I never thought I would ever get this figure, and all things considered it looks really impressive to be.

Up close, I agree the eyes are set too close, however this photo, which is a more accurate representation of how I'll see him in my display looks good to me! And I think most of the casual fans who see my collection will be impressed.

Long live Chewie!!

I'm holding off judgement until I see review pics.

The Mark VII was revealed at SDCC and looked like ass because Sideshow set him up wrong. The fur around the head is a mess from being unpacked and set up. If you smooth it back, the head will be considerable more narrow and possibly help with facial proportions and awkwardness.

One thing that's a concern is that there are two Chewies there at Comic Con, how many prototypes of this did Hot Toys make?
I'm hoping none of these at Comic Con are production, but I'm starting to think that at least the Chewie in the Falcon is a production sample.

To anyone attending Comic Con, ask Sideshow if any of the Chewbaccas are production or prototypes!

Well the thing that usually strikes me when I see "poor" prototypes of figures is that they usually look better in person than in photos. Chewie actually looks worse in person than in the photos. Poor lighting or whatever, the likeness isn't there right now. If this is final, which I doubt, people are going to have a bad time.

I can't wait to get my 2- pack. Han looks absolutely fantastic and Chewie is the best looking 1/6 representation I have ever seen.
These are going to look in my collection. :yesss

Back