1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you, but I'm not looking for perfection. If I was then I would never buy anything. I own over 50 Hot Toys figures and at least 100 six scale figures and I know they can do a better head than that. I can live with an incorrect bandolier, or wrong colored fur, but pass this off as Chewie after the fans have been waiting so long for a six scale figure is just wrong. I hope this is not the final version because I still have this on preorder and really want one.

Adsolutely,people are over critical and expect a perfect shrunken down representation of the character. All of the HT pieces i've seen so far have been for the most part outstanding(hopefully they'll tweak chewies face colouring and vaders helmet) and easily the best representation of those wonderful SW characters we're likely to see for a long tme..

yep in this hobby it`s never going to be like we saw it on the silver screen in any scale. it`s hard to capture the character face expressions which changes all the time. take han for instance his facial expression is the hardest to capture. ssc has had a tough time even hot toys but it`s close. enter bay is the same way the face is great the hair is where it failed short. chewie well that`s another story. im just glad some one stepped up and gave it a shot. since ssc never did which is a disappointment they were to busy making clones :mad: all the time. but here to hopping if all fails I still have my custom Chewbacca head sculpt to put on the hot toys chewie body

hqdefault.jpg

I hope you are joking that this is better than ht's. He looks like a Chinese wookie.

thank you. I just updated it made the coloring in the eye makeup darker will have to take another picture of it later. it took me 4 1/2 years of working

The other issue, is photography.
The reality is, there are many, many figures that simply don't photograph well (which creates the unfortunate "looks better in-hand" issue". A figure like this would have this problem especially. Each strand of hair will reflect the light differently, and even more so if there are different colored hairs in the mix. I've seen several pics now of Chewie at SDCC, and they all look a little different from each other, even when it's the same figure being photographed. I do have him pre-ordered, and I'm going to try to keep my faith in the video that Budget Stark took from Secret Base. That prototype Chewie looked excellent to me, and I'm hoping at the very least, the shape of the head won't change, and it will be more about futzing the hair than anything else....

Hot Toys - please DELAY DELAY DELAY!

This could ruin the entire collection!

Please fix that face and that protruding snout!

They should have just made a sculpted head. They sculpt hair extremely well. Make a nice Chewie headsculpt, paint it up nice and put it on the fur body and it would be fine.

Yeah, texture wouldn't match but Chewbacca looking like Chewbacca is better than this . . . thing. Besides, the hair on his torso is really dark while his head is a lighter brown. If they painted the headsculpt right, it would offset the difference if it was blended just right.

This is the set I'm most looking forward to this year, and they better deliver. Don't need some random hair ball on the shelf... I want Chewie!

Back