1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was worried this was going to happen. The proto looked fine and now we are getting a furry piece of ****? HT needs to release some better official photos. That or someone at SDCC needs to hook us up.

And wtf is JC laughing about? He get a decent proto and we get the shaft? Luckily, I have this on pre-NRD so if the in hand HK photos suck...Han and Chewie will both get canceled. I think the new Han HS sucks too. Sometimes they just need to leave it alone but people are always bitching to redo things.

Anybody know what type cat this is...just found my chewie
bc2b6004e8d21b1c01c669f2477971f7-mewbacca-the-wookiee-cat.jpg

Didn't the first Han sculpt get bashed until they were forced to revise it? Didn't they learn? I don't think they understand that they started treading on shaky ground when they took on this licence.

I thought you had to pay a penalty for cancelling on flex pay. and I don't know about a refund im not sure though

They will refund any payments you made minus the non-refundable deposit. Or you can sweet talk them into letting you move that deposit onto another item.

If Chewie turns out as bad as some of those pics, I'll be happy I'm just losing a $45 NRD as opposed to $450.00. I think he will turn out much better in production but it's an advantage sometimes having to wait for the figures after the pics come out in HK, for this very reason.

im still going to get this chewie I have been working on a head sculpt of him for over 4 1/2 years. I figure if the head scuks I could always use the body for my custom

Why not go through with the order....and then return the whole thing for a FULL refund?

Well, unless there is an actual flaw, you have to pay shipping, which in my case from Canada might be more than the NRD. Also, the people that get the figures early are usually pretty invested and will make them look their best, so if they can't save the figure, I could pretty confidently assume I couldn't, either. That said, despite the bad pics, I'm not worried, yet. I think Chewie will come out good once futzed. Regardless, if the figure sucks, and HT kinda know in advance it sucks, then perhaps the fear of mass cancellations once the HK pics come out is a good incentive to get it right.

Back