1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what you're saying is there will be an ROTJ Chewie within 2 years? I dunno man. It makes sense for a lot of other figures, but Chewie is basically Chewie the whole time. How could they re-release a Chewie, with what else? A bag to carry C3? Some wrist cuffs? I don't see them revisiting this any time sooner than the time it took for them to eventually revisit Emp Palps. It's the same character no matter the movie. HT has a lot more to chew off before they try to revisit this guy.

Like I said, you haven't been around long enough then. HT will milk Chewie for what they can -- with exactly what you said: a simple color improvement, fluffy eyebrows, some binders, a barge staff... and of course, a bagged Threepio.

Oh, they will make another. Besides the inevitable "Force Awakens" Chewbacca.

Like I said, you haven't been around long enough then. HT will milk Chewie for what they can -- with exactly what you said: a simple color improvement, fluffy eyebrows, some binders, a barge staff... and of course, a bagged Threepio.

Aside from The Force Awakens Chewbacca... I think this is the only one we will be getting from the OT. Maybe another one down the line after Episode 9???

I just think Hot Toys priorities will be elsewhere than redoing Chewy.

Well I will say that if this Chewie is a failure and its available at retailers for a couple years after release then that will shatter any plans HT may have had to make another. They do listen to the market. But if the after market prices start soaring, you can bet HT will revist this figure once more. IMHO.

We could only be so lucky for Chewbacca to be the next Iron man. Chewbacca in swimsuit. Chewbacca with mohawk. Go home you're drunk Chewbacca. :lol
I'll remember you said this. And then I'll remind you again some day. And we will laugh together. :elefant

We could only be so lucky for Chewbacca to be the next Iron man. Chewbacca in swimsuit. Chewbacca with mohawk. Go home you're drunk Chewbacca. :lol
jBqWlTE.png

Just as a general rule reusing a sculpt/body is the best way for hot toys to make large margins in figures. It's the reused sculpts on Cap, Thor, (body, hammer, shield ..not just head) that allows them the financial flex to do the more unique characters, or take those risks. If it where not for the reused characters hot toys would have really trouble sustaining.

To get flustered becuase they make repaints is silly. That's the stuff that allows them to absorb a tonto with no ill effects. To take risks. To purchase new licenses.

It`s a good thing I saved my old custom sculpt of chewie. I might just us my sculpt on the new body. View attachment 195142
Why the hell are the private sculpts better than the "professional" ones. I've seen one way better Han sculpt and now this awesome Chewie custom. Man you guys should quit your day jobs ! Great stuff!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Just as a general rule reusing a sculpt/body is the best way for hot toys to make large margins in figures. It's the reused sculpts on Cap, Thor, (body, hammer, shield ..not just head) that allows them the financial flex to do the more unique characters, or take those risks. If it where not for the reused characters hot toys would have really trouble sustaining.

To get flustered becuase they make repaints is silly. That's the stuff that allows them to absorb a tonto with no ill effects. To take risks. To purchase new licenses.
.. or not.

Prometheus, Rorschach say otherwise. They don't really take risks anymore. Tonto was a sure fire hit because they thought Depp could not be a bad seller.
Did we ever see The Lone Ranger? nope... too risky, this is the same company who did unique top to bottom figures from Mars Attacks! Planet of The Apes. Now those were risky.

Repaints are fine, if that's what you're into. Not sure how it relates to Chewie though. The body is just an understructure, which will undoubtedly be updated should they do another version. What's left? fur and a face plate.

:lol

I definitely think Tonto had more to do with the Asian fascination with all things Depp than it did with HT wanting to knowingly take a risk.

I'm really not sure what is the last figure from HT that I would call a risk.

I definitely think Tonto had more to do with the Asian fascination with all things Depp than it did with HT wanting to knowingly take a risk.

I'm really not sure what is the last figure from HT that I would call a risk.
Possibly Marty McFly and that was really still pretty safe.

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

God, can someone repost the picture of the cats puke. It looks better than this stupid toy or retarded dog or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back