1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JC Hong posted this along with the Falcon pictures. Not sure if it's the final production figure but it might be since Han is finished.

11222899_936627193068264_500306614259880690_n.jpg

I think this looks really good.

I'm not too concerned about that picture of Chewie in the Falcon. My guess is its a bad set of pictures and the figure wasn't properly futzed. Plus this seems to happen often where there's an unflattering picture of a figure and people panic but more often than not are satisfied with the final in hand product.

The only thing I will say about JC's pics though. They rarely look like the real thing, they always look a lot better IMO.

It's a wait and see situation.

The only thing I will say about JC's pics though. They rarely look like the real thing, they always look a lot better IMO.

It's a wait and see situation.

I'd love to see his display cabinets. His figures are always a step ahead. His Star-Lord looked way better than what we got, for example.

These new pics of Chewie are not inspiring a lot of confidence in what we're going to get.
Here's hoping we get more and better pics fast.

Yeah, most of his hand finished stuff looks miles better than what's released. He posts things as if to say "this is what it should look like".
Which is why I'd hold back on any real response based on what he posts on FB. It does look a lot better, but it may not be what we are getting.

Rory will be doing a Chewie mod that puts us all to shame and then he'll expect us to all follow suit. Like JC Hong. :lol

WAIT! Rory is never around when JC Hong is.... Hmmmmmm......

why isn't anyone talking about how dark his face fur is... it should have more light tones. that's the only thing that bothers me. I can flatten the hair or do whatever I need to do to shape it right, but the tones need to be there.

why isn't anyone talking about how dark his face fur is... it should have more light tones. that's the only thing that bothers me. I can flatten the hair or do whatever I need to do to shape it right, but the tones need to be there.

Yeah to me the biggest problem continues to be with the coloration. The fur on the face needs to be a lot lighter, and the lips need to be a lot less pink.

This is v1 Chewie.

The next in a year or so will be much improved.

The only question you need to answer for yourself: is this worth $230 as a place-holder for the next 2 years?

If you think that this is the ONLY Chewbacca that HT will ever make then you have not been in this hobby more than 3 months.

This is v1 Chewie.

The next in a year or so will be much improved.

The only question you need to answer for yourself: is this worth $230 as a place-holder for the next 2 years?

If you think that this is the ONLY Chewbacca that HT will ever make then you have not been in this hobby more than 3 months.

So what you're saying is there will be an ROTJ Chewie within 2 years? I dunno man. It makes sense for a lot of other figures, but Chewie is basically Chewie the whole time. How could they re-release a Chewie, with what else? A bag to carry C3? Some wrist cuffs? I don't see them revisiting this any time sooner than the time it took for them to eventually revisit Emp Palps. It's the same character no matter the movie. HT has a lot more to chew off before they try to revisit this guy.

I try to steer clear of hyperbole on these boards, but I can't get my head around that Chewbacca. Personally, I wouldn't pay $10.00 for that thing as pictured. Really curious to see if the production piece turns out.

Back