1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a95181106c8a580d17fdff4fa6ed2253.jpg

Been working on the one I recived it's a very nice sculpt to paint

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hey... constructive criticism coming your way....

maybe it's just me, so others chime in here, it looks like he needs more eyebrow presence? Maybe you could try a darker shade? Not sure, but it seems his eyebrows are getting lost, could be the lighting, and it makes it a little wierd.

Also the forehead is very porous, I don't know if that is a paint technique or the sculpt itself, or again... just the lighting, but the forehead appears to look like it has acne or something. A bit overdone.

Aside from those two gripes, again, constructive criticism from me to you, to get the best looking Han figure you can have... I'd say this head is definitely an improvement from the stock head and a round of applause for the overall look.

:goodpost:

Yeah I love it overall but the skin texture almost looks like fine bubbles in the cast, creating an acne scarring look. It's possible it's just the harsh sidelight though - it's probably fine in-hand.

I'd add in that the lips look a bit too pink and the scar shouldn't be pink like the lips - it's just skin color because it's long healed.

Looks great overall though.:clap

I'm thinking of repainting my HT version's hair lighter with different hues..but I'm too chicken!!

Received my Han and Chewbacca set yesterday and just got to really check them out today. Overall, it's a really good set. The Han head sculpt is the only thing that could be better. Sure, from certain angles it definitely looks like Harrison Ford, but straight on... I can't help but think of John Travolta dancing down the street to some Bee Gees songs. Hopefully the TFA set comes out looking like the prototype, that's probably the best Harrison Ford sculpt I've seen!

:goodpost:

Yeah I love it overall but the skin texture almost looks like fine bubbles in the cast, creating an acne scarring look. It's possible it's just the harsh sidelight though - it's probably fine in-hand.

I'd add in that the lips look a bit too pink and the scar shouldn't be pink like the lips - it's just skin color because it's long healed.

Looks great overall though.:clap

It's the casting

image.jpg

Question for those who have repainted heads. I have some sculpts I want to take a stab at repainting, and was wondering about primer. Is it something you need? If so, is there a particular kind that works better on them? I've used stuff like krylon on other things and it always left a grainy texture, which I don't think would work well on a head sculpt. Maybe brush on primer? Any brands recommended? Thanks

All I've ever used are a few sprays of testors dull coat before repainting mine. It seals up the original paint and gives the new paint something to grab onto. I've never had an issue with it, but others here may prefer primer...

All I've ever used are a few sprays of testors dull coat before repainting mine. It seals up the original paint and gives the new paint something to grab onto. I've never had an issue with it, but others here may prefer primer...

Hmm...but I'm going to be stripping off the original paint

well that doesn't look so bad! I mean, it looks much better in these photos and overall great.

I like the my little pony touch on the last one haha

Hi mate

No thank you for the feed back, I was looking at the head again this morning before leaving for work and yes I think the eyebrows need work

hey... constructive criticism coming your way....

maybe it's just me, so others chime in here, it looks like he needs more eyebrow presence? Maybe you could try a darker shade? Not sure, but it seems his eyebrows are getting lost, could be the lighting, and it makes it a little wierd.

Also the forehead is very porous, I don't know if that is a paint technique or the sculpt itself, or again... just the lighting, but the forehead appears to look like it has acne or something. A bit overdone.

Aside from those two gripes, again, constructive criticism from me to you, to get the best looking Han figure you can have... I'd say this head is definitely an improvement from the stock head and a round of applause for the overall look.

For the record I disagree I think his eyebrows are perfect I think you should leave them as is. People don't give enough credit for what eyebrows do to bring out a likeness. While I'm not the best of the best painters out there, speaking from a biased perspective of course, one thing I think I do well is get likenesses as close as i can oit of the sculpts. This often comes down to eye detailing and especially the eyebrows.

I have seen a lot of good ford sculpts miss the mark with inaccurately painted eyebrows.

I really think you got it there, brings out the likeness. I like your paint job very much it's great work!

Enjoy your new miles better Han!

Back