1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply STUNNING:

9dcimage.jpeg

6adimage.jpeg

698image.jpeg

a97image.jpeg

5f8image.jpeg

Hey Quigon, did you have this painted by Jnix? Looks amazing!!

Hey Quigon, did you have this painted by Jnix? Looks amazing!!

This is Tom Day's sculpt from Jnix. Judging by the Jnix packing materials in the background, and the fact that on the Jnix interest threat, Tom is listed as having ordered the painted sculpt from Jnix, I'd say this is 100% the painted sculpt those who ordered will be receiving from Jnix!

This is Tom Day's sculpt from Jnix. Judging by the Jnix packing materials in the background, and the fact that on the Jnix interest threat, Tom is listed as having ordered the painted sculpt from Jnix, I'd say this is 100% the painted sculpt those who ordered will be receiving from Jnix!

O.k thanks for the info :wink1: can't wait to get this in hand, it looks superb!

That's absolutely right QuiGon - this is the sculpt painted by Jnix which I was lucky enough to receive today, and which everyone else should be receiving. Prepare to be happy!

While it does have a slight flushed/allergic redness to the face, that paint and sculpt looks really amazing. THAT was the ANH Han I was looking for.:clap

I do shudder to think how much all of that (the HT Solo plus painted custom hs) cost though.:horror

Totally stunning, jinx schooled hot toys on this one here's hoping they can pick it up on future releases at least now I can have a Han Solo I can truly get excited about.

I still think he needs to be a bit slimmer but other than that in pretty damn content with my ANH solo

These photos from Tom were admittedly taken in a rush as he was headed out the door. I'd bet there's a fair amount of lens distortion. I'd withhold judgements like this until he and others begin taking some careful shots. Any sculpt will look over sized if you're not taking some care...

The new sculpt should be placed/discussed in customs section so it doesn't create conflict here. I can see this coming from a mile away.:lol

No need to fear conflict. It makes for great conversation. No need to protect us from ourselves. If things happen to take a turn toward the nasty, again, we can police ourselves - at least to a point. Past that point is what moderators are for. The closest we've gotten to that was a little talk about crayons, but that was resolved in the family. I say have at it. As members of this forum, we may all refuse to grow up, but we're actually all adults (by the strictest of definitions at least).

I suspect most people who wanted this figure already got it and discussed it within the first 700 pages, so I don't really see much harm in talking about this new custom head for a little while. And it doesn't seem that different to me than switching out any other part (hat, boots, body, etc) like we see people do an awful lot in these threads.

I do shudder to think how much all of that (the HT Solo plus painted custom hs) cost though.:horror

I like the HT Han but was really impressed with the Jnix Han so picked that one up. If I was just straight up replacing the HT head I would sell off that head and hope for ~$80 and so it would be about a $110 upgrade.

Considering the quality I've seen so far of the painted heads the whole thing seems pretty reasonable, but this will now be the most expensive figure on my shelf, that's for sure.

I plan to keep both heads for the time being.

I like the HT Han but was really impressed with the Jnix Han so picked that one up. If I was just straight up replacing the HT head I would sell off that head and hope for ~$80 and so it would be about a $110 upgrade.

Considering the quality I've seen so far of the painted heads the whole thing seems pretty reasonable, but this will now be the most expensive figure on my shelf, that's for sure.

I plan to keep both heads for the time being.

How much was the Jnix head painted and unpainted? I always assume these things are around $70-100 unpainted and the paint is $80 and up (most seem to start in the $110 range, but can be as high as $200-250 for the really top people.)

Also be aware - the eBay bootleggers have now done a HT Han knockoff head with paint that seems close to the original in quality (though in hand who knows) but probably not as good as the recent Indy knockoff head.

My one fear with the Jnix head is that HT announces a Han Bespin that knocks it out of the park (and that could work for ANH) but they really haven't been all that great with their hero sculpts in general.

Back