1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered through SS, within an hour of it going up. Kinda odd that I gotten any kind of notice yet.

Na, a Debbie Downer would be saying this sculpt is anywhere close to the superb work of Inigo Gil and MJ Choi. That's just patently ridiculous.

I will give Hot Toys props for saving this sculpt from the disaster it was when it was first previewed. The production change late in the game, which ended up delaying this set, was a good move. A move incidentally that a lot of people didn't agree with. Where are those people now, the ones who said this version of the sculpt didn't look as good as what was originally shown? Nuts. At least you can tell it's Han Solo now, even if like every other good HT sculpt it's extremely idealized.

Thanks. That's actually a pretty good compliment. ;)

I am with Pixel on this obviously.....

I love the Chewie so long as I don't look at his face. They got the body perfect, but that muzzle...and the hair around it is WAY to dark.....I would love to see someone somehow lighten this are to be more light brown as in the film..

The fixed on the Han sculpt saved it from disaster....but is far from a great sculpt. I know everyone who bought it will never say so.....but its lacking in the face.

rest looks good, but I expect alot more for a HT at that price.

I am with Pixel on this obviously.....

I love the Chewie so long as I don't look at his face. They got the body perfect, but that muzzle...and the hair around it is WAY to dark.....I would love to see someone somehow lighten this are to be more light brown as in the film..

The fixed on the HF sculpt saved it from disaster....but is far from a great sculpt. I know everyone who bought it will never say so.....but its lacking in the face.

rest looks good, but I expect alot more for a HT at that price.

Maybe Han's face can be futzed?:lol

If that's the best 1/6 Han sculpt ever released it's not saying much about what's come before, but Matrix's pics really make it look solid. I decided to pull the trigger on it, but it was a tough choice (was just going to get Chewy.) And it's going to be topped by HT sooner rather than later. But then again there's this...

123br4i.png

Loving Chewy though, dark hair, duck muzzle and all.:clap:lol

I'm still getting Han, but where's the charm, where's the playfulness, where's the mischief in the sculpt?

2014-07-21-smile.gif

tumblr_inline_n6k3pyXa1l1r25ntt.gif

HT also somehow managed to miss the light brown fur all over Chewie's face. :slap

It seems like he's saying "Look! She has a monkey-face. Look at the monkey-face"

They should have included a 2nd headsculpt. There have been several Hot Toys figures I would have prefered an expressive secondary sculpt to a zillion little accessories. This is one such figure.

No reward is worth this!View attachment 211156
Well if there was ever any doubt, there is no way that Sideshow Leia is going to look good next to Hot Toys. Guess I need to order Hot Toys Leia too. If anyone has Han and Chewie and Sideshow Ben, lets see some pictures with him too with them as I am on the fence about if I should upgrade that one. It would be easier of the HT Ben sculpt was as good as the Leia one though.

Soooooo, you have the HT Han and Stormtrooper.... can't you just put Han's head on the Stormtrooper? Is there any reason why this can't be done or someone wouldn't want to?

I think Stealth may have posted one earlier in the thread. There was also this from when the figure came out. Not sure who took this:

attachment.php

I have the single tall trooper but I am a bit hesitant the pull the head off...
SThead.jpg
It sounds like the instructions worry that the neck might come out and damage the collar when trying to pull off the head so I'd like to hear from people who have done it. Anyway, if the head swap is straight forward I'm not sure how an official HT Han Stormtrooper can be much better besides coming with a helmet like Luke's with details in side. (or perhaps a sculpt without removable hair so you don't get that ugly seem)

That neck piece seems to be a part of the body costume ? Otherwise the warning wouldn't warn against pulling it off. Right?

I have the single tall trooper but I am a bit hesitant the pull the head off...

It sounds like the instructions worry that the neck might come out and damage the collar when trying to pull off the head so I'd like to hear from people who have done it. Anyway, if the head swap is straight forward I'm not sure how an official HT Han Stormtrooper can be much better besides coming with a helmet like Luke's with details in side. (or perhaps a sculpt without removable hair so you don't get that ugly seem)

Yeah, the helmet pops right off and head sculpts look decent on the tall trooper without any modding. Heads sit too high on the short trooper.
The official Han/Luke trooper figures will have some skin colored neck detail as opposed to just the black neck collar. I tried out the Luke and Han Hoth head sculpts when I first got the figures.

I have a quick question about the exclusive. Is it worth putting my name on the waitlist for the exclusive to spending the extra $5 for the blaster and stormtrooper belt? I do want Han...but I just don't know which version to get.

I have a quick question about the exclusive. Is it worth putting my name on the waitlist for the exclusive to spending the extra $5 for the blaster and stormtrooper belt? I do want Han...but I just don't know which version to get.

It would be worth it to me depending on how long I heard its taking for the waitlist to convert. I like the idea of being able to use the stormtrooper belts on Han and Luke sometimes even though most of the time I may not use it. I think it just depends on personal preference. I already secured and ex, but if I hadn't and then found out that there was no way to get one any more I'd be a little disappointed but not to the point that it would stop me from really enjoying the figure without it. The trooper belts look exactly like the ones on the HT Stormtroopers (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) so it may be possible to pick up a belt later as people part things out.

It would be worth it to me depending on how long I heard its taking for the waitlist to convert. I like the idea of being able to use the stormtrooper belts on Han and Luke sometimes even though most of the time I may not use it. I think it just depends on personal preference. I already secured and ex, but if I hadn't and then found out that there was no way to get one any more I'd be a little disappointed but not to the point that it would stop me from really enjoying the figure without it. The trooper belts look exactly like the ones on the HT Stormtroopers (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) so it may be possible to pick up a belt later as people part things out.

Ok....well I decided to waitlist the Han and Chewbacca set. Hopefully it will convert. :pray:

She may not look like much but..
Great pics matrix!!!:clap

Yeah, the helmet pops right off and head sculpts look decent on the tall trooper without any modding. Heads sit too high on the short trooper.
The official Han/Luke trooper figures will have some skin colored neck detail as opposed to just the black neck collar. I tried out the Luke and Han Hoth head sculpts when I first got the figures.

Cool :hi5: I didn't think about the little bit of skin tone on the neck, but that might not be that noticeable especially from the front. I wasn't planning to get the Stromtrooper Luke because I am trying to keep my collection simple but the ability to put Han's head on the tall Trooper but me back on the fence with Luke. I only have the single Trooper, but if I had gotten the Trooper two pack I probably wouldn't want Luke knowing I could put Luke's head on the short one too (despite not getting the cool Luke accessories). I just don't have space for more than two Stormtroopers, so having two that can be either Troopers or Han and Luke appeals to me. I still am curious how easy or difficult it may be to mod a way to use the trooper helmet on the Luke Trooper, but if that's doable I potentially will have all the parts to have a version of Han and Luke or a tall and short Stormtrooper. Because I ordered the Han and Chewie two pack I also will have the Trooper riffle too (I think the ex riffle Chewie comes with is the same in the trooper two pack). I even have a mouse droid, but I won't want any one to look to close because it's a hasbro one :) Not sure what I'll end up doing, but we'll see.

Back