1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never owned "version 1" so I don't know what it looks like in hand compared to "version 2". I don't imagine they're different figures though; HT just simply made more of them. Another batch of the figure that already existed, not a 2.0 version.

Same goes for Obi Wan and Vader.

Can someone post a pic of what the original batches "wonky eyes" looked like? I'm curious as to whether mine was the initial release or the latter release, because the eyes look fine on mine.

It would be interesting to see pictures of the so called Han v2 against the original

It's not that exciting. I preferred the V2, but the version I got had a slight gap where the hair meets the head (V2 head is on the right, the sideburn/hair gap is on the left side), so I stuck with the V1 (left head).

Attachments

• han-heads_zps5jal9wmc.JPG
    han-heads_zps5jal9wmc.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
It's not that exciting. I preferred the V2, but the version I got had a slight gap where the hair meets the head (V2 head is on the right, the sideburn/hair gap is on the left side), so I stuck with the V1 (left head).

I wonder if you remove that hair sculpt (magnetic), warmed it up, bent it a little, then stuck it back on, if it would sit more flush. I actually do like that V2 paint on the head sculpt better than my first run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if you remove that hair sculpt (magnetic), warmed it up, bent it a little, then stuck it back on, if it would sit more flush. I actually do like that V2 paint on the head sculpt better than my first run.

The gap on mine didn't have to do with the hair. If you look at the top of where the hair is on the head (on the right one) you see it suddenly stops so doesn't meet flush with the hair piece (basically there's hair missing compared to the original). The right one the sideburns continue higher.

To me the V2 has more going on in the paint apps (darker, more freckles) and the eyebrows have a slightly more determined shape, but not enough to forgive that gap at the top of the sideburns.

I was thinking the same with the eyebrows looking a bit more determined, but didn't know if that was due to the angle of the picture making them look that way.

Besides the tan, I see blue eyes vs green eyes too, or is that a trick of the light? V2 hair looks darker there -- which is strange because a friend said his was lighter.

Besides the tan, I see blue eyes vs green eyes too, or is that a trick of the light? V2 hair looks darker there -- which is strange because a friend said his was lighter.

Yeah, not sure if it was just the light hitting the iris--they do seem lit up in that shot. Not sure I took any other photos than that one before selling it off.

V2 does look better. But I'm using a Jnix sculpt so I'm not too upset.

Same boat. :clap

Yeah, exact same sculpt, just better paint apps on the 2nd run.

Glad I waited for the second run then and didn't pay inflated after market prices for V1 (not that I would have anyway even if they didn't do a second batch of these). Not only ended up getting it at retail, but also a better painted sculpt.

Back