1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of this sculpt. May not be 100% perfect, but When you happen to stumble on the right lighting mix...gold.

image.jpg

My Han's left elbow joint is messed up to the point that I can't bend it... I took his shirt off to get a closer look and it doesn't seem like there's anything I can do to fix it (i.e. turning the forearm piece). There's a large bulge where the arm should bend. Any tips on how to fix this or should I seek out a replacement? :(

Has anyone put this on a narrower shouldered body? I always think of Han as slim, but his shoulders look pretty hefty in every photo I've seen.

I don't have this figure - but I hope to! - so hope nobody thinks I'm slagging it off.

His arm is stuck at this angle. The shoulder can move up and down and forward/backward, but the elbow won't budge. Sorry for the big photo!

IMG_2361.JPG

I would remove the shirt and vest so you can see what's going on with the joint. Maybe some heat from a hair dryer could loosen it up.

Do you have access to a hairdryer? Once you take off the shirt I would apply heat to the joint, that should loosen it up. If not, it may be stuck and in that case you might want to use a small tool to pry it loose.

That Bespin Han looks good. To me the classic ANH version will always be the best.

My Han Solo will be celebrating all month with friends at the Mos Eisley Cantina Nook. Just last night a couple of Rebel Fleet Troopers stopped by to say hello.

IMG_8371.jpg

You know, with the proper padded suit Old Ben would make an awesome Jolly Old Saint Nick.

Do you have access to a hairdryer? Once you take off the shirt I would apply heat to the joint, that should loosen it up. If not, it may be stuck and in that case you might want to use a small tool to pry it loose.

I would remove the shirt and vest so you can see what's going on with the joint. Maybe some heat from a hair dryer could loosen it up.

I already took his shirt off and the joint looked funky. But I'll try the hairdryer tip, thanks! I've never really fiddled with any of my Hot Toys before...not sure if I'd be brave enough to use tools on it :lol

With a little heat and a lot of care these Hot Toys figures can be disassembled without breaking them. It really makes you appreciate the engineering achievement of these figures.

My left elbow joint was stuck. With a little force, I was able to get it to move, but the forearm popped out of the elbow joint. It slides right back in, but wants to easily pop back out when I bend the joint now. It hold poses with no problem. Just frustrating that it wants to pop out with movement now.

My left elbow joint was stuck. With a little force, I was able to get it to move, but the forearm popped out of the elbow joint. It slides right back in, but wants to easily pop back out when I bend the joint now. It hold poses with no problem. Just frustrating that it wants to pop out with movement now.

Way to use the force!

Back