1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned in the Chewie thread I bought Han and received early this week. Tbh, I know there are complaints with sculpt but I like it. I think it's a solid idealized Ford sculpt. It's not ideal and I would have preferred a stronger likeness and maybe something with a smirk, but this is good. I think the outfit is great too, though I think the vest on slightly too small. The belt, holster and blaster are excellent. The boots are meh, but something can be done with them I guess. I'll eventually replace them with DiD German WWII boots. I didn't get the Exclusive so he essentially just come with some hands and his blaster and stand. The rest is tray fodder. The paint it excellent on all but of course the hands are over sized as expected. I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me but it does make you wonder if HT recognizes this and will ever remedy it. Probably not. :lol The joints are ultra tight on this body. Did anyone else experience this?

These are my first Hot Toys figures since the BD T2 T-800 and all in all they're great. Out of the two Chewie is the winner though.

For me that old SS solo still looks so cartoony, even with a repaint! It looks like it just stepped out of a comic strip and only has a passing resemblance to ford. The HT sculpt while not perfect is on another level.

I don't disagree, but I think a very high percentage of it is still the paint job. The one above, I believe, was painted by Darren Carnall, who is easily one of the very best around and probably cost the owner something on the order of $150. But the Hot Toys finish on their sculpts (particularly the JC Hong masters) is just next level. The skin texture is what take these from cartoon to realism. I have tremendous respect for Trevor Grove, who I think is the best, period. I'd LOVE to see this Grove sculpt (or any Grove sculpt) painted by JC. The result would be ridiculous...

My attempt at the ESB or Bespin Han Solo...

Welocme any feedback...

SAM_0890.jpg

SAM_0889.jpg

SAM_0886.jpg

SAM_0887.jpg

Jacket seems to be from the recent SSC figure.

Of course, the SSC sculpt does lack textural refinement. But the likeness is better when there is a decent paint job. This is a pretty common issue. HT releases amazingly realistic sculpts. . .of random people cosplaying as well known actors. SSC releases really nice likenesses that lack refinement and look like they were painted by a 10 year old (which in fairness, they probably were in some Singaporean sweatshop).

That Bespin Han looks good. To me the classic ANH version will always be the best.

My Han Solo will be celebrating all month with friends at the Mos Eisley Cantina Nook. Just last night a couple of Rebel Fleet Troopers stopped by to say hello.

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8312.jpg

IMG_8356_1.jpg

IMG_8371.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8257.jpg

IMG_8394.jpg

Thanks Lu,

I hope the photos keep you content till Christmas morning when you get to open your set.

Thanks Lu,

I hope the photos keep you content till Christmas morning when you get to open your set.

Love the photos!

Looking forward to getting mine! Chewie shipped Wednesday and should arrive next Wednesday. Han has already been procured and will be getting wrapped up soon...

Just as I was taking the shot, he fell and landed like that. He did have too much to drink so he had to go, case closed. :lol

For the record, I never saw this picture, therefore I am perfectly justified in maintaining my current stance that I don't need this figure as my SS Old Ben will suffice just fine. Please refrain from posting any and all further shots of this piece in public forum. I thank you...

Back