1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered separately for now. Don't want to pay NRDs this early in and kind of want the Han Solo EX a little more than the set EX.

Man, Ford's likeness really is seemingly impossible to get right. I'm excited as hell for this and Chewie, but I wish his face looked better.

It's not that hard - Sideshow's Indy and Medicom (Medicom!) were better than this. Seriously, likeness is awful. This is pretty much the only Star Wars figure I would want but its terrible. However much I want a Hot Toys Han I won't be buying this one. I only hope that this is a sculpt that will change considerably before production, like Reeve Superman, and wind up excellent.

I originally only wanted Han but after seeing the pics of them together, I NEED to get Chewie as well.
fAcTYYLh.jpg

How could any self respecting SW fan ever question if they needed Chewie or not? :huh

Ordered. Got the two pack, but of course that means you're in for the $50 NRD. But you know I can't resist the extra accessories...

Yeah, I'm a sucker for an exclusive... in for a penny, in for a pound :lecture

It's not that hard - Sideshow's Indy and Medicom (Medicom!) were better than this. Seriously, likeness is awful. This is pretty much the only Star Wars figure I would want but its terrible. However much I want a Hot Toys Han I won't be buying this one. I only hope that this is a sculpt that will change considerably before production, like Reeve Superman, and wind up excellent.

This s **ts all over the 4th Doctor I paid the same amount for :lol

Yep, gotta admit at this point customs are pretty much dying the slow death. The quality of these Hottoys figures have blown anything high end custom related out of the water lately....That Chewie specifically, a Nail in the coffin! Instant buy for me with Chewie.

Man, I'm disappointed. We got "Ben Stiller" and "John Travolta" this morning, but no John Stamos or Chevy Chase?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm crushed.

Hmmm, since BBTS has the same exclusives as Sideshow, I wonder if SSC will lean on HT for another exclusive (say manacles for Chewie), like they did on the Rocket/Groot 2-pack.

People will always nit pick. The Sideshow Han sculpt is really nice, but their heads are oversized and their paint applications are poor and nowhere near what Hot Toys produces.

I think Han and Chewie both look great and cannot wait for the spring.

I haven't read all 46 pages of stuff, but am I the only one who thinks the sculpt looks a little like Bradley Cooper?

I haven't read all 46 pages of stuff, but am I the only one who thinks the sculpt looks a little like Bradley Cooper?
No you are not! I was getting on the train this afternoon and I was thinking the same thing! Like Bradley Cooper playing Han Solo

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yep, gotta admit at this point customs are pretty much dying the slow death. The quality of these Hottoys figures have blown anything high end custom related out of the water lately....That Chewie specifically, a Nail in the coffin! Instant buy for me with Chewie.

There will still be the niche characters that will happen for customs, but something like Han is probably not a safe bet for a custom project. Maybe a head or accessory, but hard to compete with a complete figure as nice as this one looks for $230.

Yes, you are the only one.

HMMM happy that KIM didn't get the call to sculpt this time, however, Kojun needs to tweak this sculpt all the same. I would estimate it is 85% there, and it needs to be better. I think that will happen and I am going to PO the 2 Pack soon. What an awesome announcement to get.

Back