1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GAHjeLN.jpg

Carrie Fisher herself referred to this as her "Eddie Munster" head.

It's best not to question Kenner. It was "supposed" to be insofar as any other Kenner weapon was "supposed" to be some other weapon. I'm not a mind reader, nor do I have a time machine, so I can't tell you what the designers were thinking, not that it matters, I have the figure and I know what it shipped with.

It is literally the same design, from back to front, as the bowcaster in the film! The only thing missing is the arms like Rory said. I can hypothesize that those weren't included because they wouldn't fit in the bubble. Hell, modern Chewbacca figures from Hasbro ranging from their Vintage Collection 3 3/4 to their Black Series 6" make it so that you have to assemble the crossbow by attaching the arms yourself for this very reason!

Look at this Pixel, it's no denying that Kenner sculpted the bowcaster, just without the "bow balls".

image.jpg

It is literally the same design,

It's an interpretation. My point, and the answer to the original question, was whether the figure came with a bowcaster, not whether it came with something we could pretend or imagine is a bowcaster. I didn't say the stalk of the weapon didn't look like the bowcaster stalk.

It's irrelevant why they didn't choose to replicate the weapon from the movie fully - they took a lot of artistic liberties with all manner of weapons.

Now let's argue about how "fully articulated" means no head, elbow nor knee articulation. After that we can discuss the piercing baby blue eyes on the figure.

It's an interpretation. My point, and the answer to the original question, was whether the figure came with a bowcaster, not whether it came with something we could pretend or imagine is a bowcaster. I didn't say the stalk of the weapon didn't look like the bowcaster stalk.

It's irrelevant why they didn't choose to replicate the weapon from the movie fully - they took a lot of artistic liberties with all manner of weapons.

Now let's argue about how "fully articulated" means no head, elbow nor knee articulation. After that we can discuss the piercing baby blue eyes on the figure.

It was made in 1977. Who cares?

Not even sure what we're arguing about or why you decided to go after Rory's post to be honest. :lol

An artistic liberty is Vader's robes, or Luke's hair, belt and yelloe light saber or blue Hoth Han. For that Chewbacca, they clearly sculpted his bowcaster. It is his bowcaster. It's a unique sculpt that they took the time to replicate. I guarantee you if we travelled back to 70s Cincinnati, the Kenner team would tell you that the reason the arms of the bowcaster wasn't included was because there would be no way for it to fit inside that slim bubble. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out when, as TonTon stated, they took the time to airbrush it out on the card art. They included it on the large size Chewbacca from the same year. Why? Because space wasn't an issue.

They made a bowcaster laser rifle for their 3 3/4 Chewbacca figure in 1977. Rory was right, he even specified what we've described. The end.

image.jpg

They made a bowcaster laser rifle for their 3 3/4 Chewbacca figure in 1977.

Ok no problem, I'll take your word for it. I don't have one with my 77 Chewbacca (only with the 12") and I haven't been able to find a photo of one online. If ever you feel like showing the bow portion of the weapon on your figure, I'd love to see it. For me, something isn't a bowanything without a bow. That's like calling a rifle a crossbow. Which is why I answered the original question, yesterday, with a no.

I suppose you could say it ships with "bowless-caster" ;)

Last edited:
What's weird is it looks like they airbrushed out the bow part for the kenner packaging to match the gun they made. Never noticed that before.

han-solo-chewbacca-and-the-millennium-falcon-return-star-wars-iv-a-new-hope-milnersblog.jpg

Wow, I never noticed that either. It's even that way on the Vintage Collection card:

votc04chewbaccacardfr.jpg

My last Han and Chewie looked like this, so whatever HT does is a major improvement :lol

Well this is the only 1/6 Chewie I have...And while it is a statue, to me it's about the best large scale Chewie Ive seen so far...Not that we've had alot to choose from...lol...So compared to this, Im really hoping HT version is a very nice improvement...

Back