1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if they're to be any tweaks to Chewie ? Or if the Han second sculpt is final ??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I'm hearing late july for the 2pk..in HK.

That would be music to my ears. That will give me enough time to have the funds for both items. As it stands, I only have funds for Chewie. I specifically ordered them separately as I knew funds would be an issue depending on the release date. Ordering separately gave me the option of canceling Han if necessary. Guess I wont have to cancel Han now if HK isnt getting them until late July. Would be another what...4 - 6 weeks to hit the states? I ordered from SSC.

Harrison Ford is really hard to sculpt, I didn't think so until I decided to try myself a couple of days ago. And I've seen that even if you get a decent sculpt, the paint job can mess it up completely.

This is my attempt (WIP).
View attachment 191847

That is fantastic. Truly. You captured what none of the official head sculpts do...the chin, mouth and nose. That is Ford's most defining features. If you nail those you can fudge more of the rest. Yours is spot on. Instantly see Ford. The previous and new HS are both off to me. I see more Ford in the original sculpt than the new one. The mouth was more accurate. This new one is too soft and doesnt capture Ford well. Just my opinion.

He's in the Falcon cockpit pics.

4781d45e8f56c014c20f5fb417d83c43.jpg

Yep. I was always planning to wait on real life pics first. Chewie was always going to be tough. Especially in production.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back