1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still dont know how the flex payment works. Is my PO reserved NOW or when my last payment is paid?

If you get your order in before a figure is "waitlisted", regardless if you choose to pay in full or flexpay, you will be get one. But you won't actually receive it until your final flexpayment is processed.

I do want the duffel bag w/ grenades and the Joker sculpt to switch out with my laughing head DX11 so I don't have to get another PERS head, since it looks like some paint is rubbed off on the forehead. Then maybe put my old BR posed with his back turned and holding the mask and this one with my current pose. Arrrghhh, so tempted to get this.... why am I trying to justify it???!!!

:gah::gah::gah::computer:computer:computer:slap:slap:slap

I do want the duffel bag w/ grenades and the Joker sculpt to switch out with my laughing head DX11 so I don't have to get another PERS head, since it looks like some paint is rubbed off on the forehead. Then maybe put my old BR posed with his back turned and holding the mask and this one with my current pose. Arrrghhh, so tempted to get this.... why am I trying to justify it???!!!

Yeah Im gonna have to get a laughing head.

Probably the same reason why I feel my resolve weakening. We love collecting and want the damn things on our shelves. I must remain strong or else:

You have a BRJ already. Don't waste money on this one. Buy the bag and the sculpt separately :)

I picked up first version for 225.00 used on scamBay. I am really on the fence on this one. 269.00 is a ton of money for a figure that is not a big improvement over the first version. I picked up SSC Exclusive Joker DX11 for 365.00 shipped, brand new and sealed. Guy was into guns and he bought it originally just for the 1/6 machine gun that came with it. But almost 300.00 for a mms, tough to hit the preorder button on it.

Will be forced to once I see less than 40 remaining warning. Hopefully will not happen till August so I can do flex pay starting in September. Have to pay for exclusive thor light armored version and golden age captain America. Crap, forgot about SSC exclusive Loki:slap

Pre-ordered mine since i missed this guy the first time around. I do want to note that I paid less for my '89 Batmobile than I did for this Bank Robber Joker. That's crazy talk, right there.

Just PO, my reasonings are this. I just started with hot toys and I only have the DX11, DX12, TDKR Batpod and now the BRJ 2.0. I came to realize that I'm satisfied with my collection and I do understand everyone's hatred towards the price increases, especially for the people who have been collecting for years and years. My collecting of hot toys ended just as quickly as it began.

This goes a little beyond "price increases". We, mostly, all understand that as the years go by, prices will increase because that is just how economies work. The good thing that has come with Hot Toys over the years has been vastly superior products. Compare a sculpt from 2008 to now and the results are astonishing. The downside has been double dipping for exclusives and variants, and rehashed figures. In some cases, the rehash is an improvement on an existing product but in this cases, the outcome just doesn't justify the price tag. That is how I feel, at least. I know there are a lot of collectors that will buy it to complete their collection and others who missed it the first time. They are getting a raw deal on the secondary market for the first one and now, again, on the new one. At the end of the day though, we could just not buy it.

I recommend waiting for photos of the final product before putting any money down. No reason to panic on this.

Anyone see this?

"Not sure you need the push to pre-order this, but here it is" :wink1:

Screenshot2014-07-16at53127PM.png

What a bunch of ****ers. :lol

If the Captain America Golden Age Promo Limited is any indicator, this should be one to lock in if you're on the fence. EvilBay prices will be BAD on this one after they sell through.

Back