1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Captain America Golden Age Promo Limited is any indicator, this should be one to lock in if you're on the fence. EvilBay prices will be BAD on this one after they sell through.

Eh, Toy Fairs Shadow Predator, Gordon, Rescue Cap, USO Cap, Evil Superman, Bruce Willis, Angelica were all "exclusive", promo limited and they lasted for months/years. Some are STILL up on their site. Angelica was such a poor seller that Sideshow gave them away for nothing, free of charge. I got her packed in twice with DX 13 and DX 14.

"Exclusive" and "limited" are just labels. They all used to be "limited" at one time. That's half the problem with the hobby, people hype this **** up too much.

No NRD! Just pre ordered it, everyone else should do the same, that way no one complains about no getting one later...

How long did TF Begins Batman take to sell out?

Went up on August 11th, Sold out on August 24th. So 13 days.

Then it went to wait list and would pop up weekly in September and October before it shipped. Then once it shipped it was "in stock" and green for about a month (during the time everyone was scrambling to get a replacement for their suit, leg and ankle defects).

So it was on Sideshow for about 6 weeks (month and a half), give or take.

$269.00 + shipping USD!!!!

LOL Pass. (I remember the good 'ol days when V1 BRJ was $149.00, sigh the good 'ol days)

Congrats on those waiting for and wanting this :clap

It may sell quicker though being that the secondary market for V1 Joker is higher than people wanting to pay for it and the V2 being a very attractive option in comparison monetarily, despite the cost being higher than a typical offering with these accessories.

Im sure this has been asked before, but have any of the joker pros really compared this suit offering to the last? it looks pretty damn similar to me, with the shirt being noticeably higher quality. Anyone else care to chime in?

It may sell quicker though being that the secondary market for V1 Joker is higher than people wanting to pay for it and the V2 being a very attractive option in comparison monetarily, despite the cost being higher than a typical offering with these accessories.

The thing is, before the first of 1st of July, the original V1 Joker was going for about $300 give or take. It could be had for even less if one didn't care about "opened" vs. "unopened". Sure, some would go for $330 or $350, but there are quite a bit that went for less. Just an example,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...4685?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c400ec77d

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1...4743?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27e31f9e67

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-The-Dark-Knight-Bank-Robber-Joker-figure-Batman-1-6-/251539079693?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a90e5c20d&nma=true&si=0fP%252FVBwWJSEuZCKM1pMVjRJ1Wf0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-MMS79-Batman-The-Dark-Knight-BANK-ROBBER-joker-1-6-/201127521063?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ed4226b27&nma=true&si=0fP%252FVBwWJSEuZCKM1pMVjRJ1Wf0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now this 2.0 is roughly the same price as the secondary market prices for the first once shipping is taken out. Not a very good "deal" or any more attractive in my opinion. Depending on how well one looked at the marketplace and on ebay, I can guarantee there were several opportunists for someone that "missed out" to score one for $270 or less from late 2008 to June 2014. There was a time in 2009 and 2010 where Bank Robber Joker was down to $110 bucks on ebay. $110 bucks new! That was after the DCD batch hit hard.

Had this been $215 or $224 like previous Toy Fair releases, I might be inclined to agree. This price is just as bad as the ones on ebay for the first.

Last edited:
PO'd it! Yeah it's expensive but I only started collecting last December so £140 - £160 has always been the standard Hot Toys price for me...I've never known any different. For all the people who were collecting years ago you can moan about the price but if you don't like don't buy it. It's as simple as that. They'll always be someone buying these toys even if the price was £300!

The first thing I thought when I saw this...

C2A13DB1-8070-420A-93DA-DF60437FDEDC.png

...after seeing the price, was:

Seriously, though; $270 for a basic, pretty much completely rehashed MMS release? The **** is Howard smoking? Is this HT's new norm? Facepalm. Seriously.

Yeah, it's like they know their own prices are BS. :lol

"You're not going to need a push to preorder", "you don't need to rob a bank to get these collectibles"

Seriously, though; $270 for a basic, pretty much completely rehashed MMS release? The **** is Howard smoking? Is this HT's new norm? Facepalm. Seriously.

Well, remember, this is listed as $216 USD (HKD 1,680) in Asia just like last years exclusives. Can't really blame Chan on this one.

Pre-ordered it. I missed out on the first and always wanted to have it as that opening scene from the film is iconic. It is way overpriced, though. Glad I had $60.00 in rewards points. Got it for $209.99.

Back