1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all those who never owned the first one - it's cool you will soon be able to buy it.

To all of us fans who have bought these figures for years, it really is a massive **** you.

The clothing hasn't been improved or updated.

The headsculpt is the same.

Even the hands are the same - some are the same as the V1 Joker.

The knife, money, cards, guns and bag have all been released before.

And the only update is that purple bit of wool with a gas grenade.

I expected more people to be freaking out. I guess die-hard fans got this release the first time around.

We've had endless teasers for other figures - Icabod, Cannibal King Jack, Prometheus, Batman Returns, Arkham City, X-Men...

We get another Joker - a straight re-release of the first one.

I think it's insulting.

:goodpost:

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Oh yeah! I felt like a super-spy having that watch back then! Camera's poo compared to even the cheapest phones we have now, but back then that was hot!

You had one of those?? :horror Coooo! :cool: Now I'm jealous! Always wanted one but couldn't justify / afford buying it. :lol

I'm a bit disappointed that mine won't be able to hold the mask, but I'll be picking it up, as Bank Robber Joker is one of the two holes in my collection (the other is Honor Guard cop Joker).

If I already had this figure, I wouldn't see the need to buy it, as it's obviously not intended for those customers. It'd be the kind of toy I'd easily pass on, as unlike the Joker 2.0, there's really no temptation here.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

attachment.php

:lol And then you can even calculate how much you got right after that. :lecture

Its all cool for people who dont own ver 1... I do hes my first hot toys figuer been hooked since... I dont read to many updates that say buy me now for this guy DX 2.0 was a different story for me... IMO

:lol And then you can even calculate how much you got right after that. :lecture

Should be simple enough to calculate his take if he has five accomplices and he does it right...
Spoiler Spoiler:

To all those who never owned the first one - it's cool you will soon be able to buy it.

To all of us fans who have bought these figures for years, it really is a massive **** you.

The clothing hasn't been improved or updated.

The headsculpt is the same.

Even the hands are the same - some are the same as the V1 Joker.

The knife, money, cards, guns and bag have all been released before.

And the only update is that purple bit of wool with a gas grenade.

I expected more people to be freaking out. I guess die-hard fans got this release the first time around.

We've had endless teasers for other figures - Icabod, Cannibal King Jack, Prometheus, Batman Returns, Arkham City, X-Men...

We get another Joker - a straight re-release of the first one.

I think it's insulting.

Not that I don't think this thing is asinine to the point of hilarity, but that statement doesn't make much sense. You just said it's basically a straight-up rerelease with nothing new but a grenade and a piece of wool; why would that have any bearing on the development of other licenses?

No problems skipping this one. I just checked out what I paid back in the day. Only $113. There were some pretty good prices back when DC Direct had a hand with Hot Toys.

Should be simple enough to calculate his take if he has five accomplices and he does it right...
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's how simply math can be. :lol

Whether you have the old version or not this figure is still a big **** you to every collector new and old, it could have been so much more. It should have been something that all of us could enjoy equally. It's 2014 not 2008 ,it should have smoked V1. So to recap, old fans are cheated because it's a old design, new fans are also cheated because it is a old design. That's my thought anyway.

Whether you have the old version or not this figure is still a big **** you to every collector new and old, it could have been so much more. It should have been something that all of us could enjoy equally. It's 2014 not 2008 ,it should have smoked V1. So to recap, old fans are cheated because it's a old design, new fans are also cheated because it is a old design. That's my thought anyway.

I remember when we first heard the Tumbler was being rereleased - this was back when I still liked the Tumbler - I was hoping the rerelease would be completely unchanged from the original. I did not want my original to become outdated, I felt that would have been the slap in the face to me. So some people may feel the same about figures.

The people that should feel cheated are the ones that paid over 300 for the original :slap

I don't want to sound like a cry baby but WTF were HT thinking reusing a severely outdated sculpt? I personally think this is embarrassing for a company of that caliber to resort to methods like this in order to make a buck. The Bruce Wayne sculpt from DX12 being repainted for the armory makes sense because that at least is still considered new and up to date but this, :slap

I remember when we first heard the Tumbler was being rereleased - this was back when I still liked the Tumbler - I was hoping the rerelease would be completely unchanged from the original. I did not want my original to become outdated, I felt that would have been the slap in the face to me. So some people may feel the same about figures.

How did you feel about DX10 compared to the original MMS. Didn't you have like 10 of those? Did you feel slapped in the face by DX10?

It's great that they're offering this figure again for the people that missed out, but I think it's super lame the Bozo mask isn't removable like the original. One step forward, two steps back.

The people that should feel cheated are the ones that paid over 300 for the original :slap
People who pay jacked up aftermarket prices on HT figures get no sympathy from me. Hot Toys' primary business model at this point is rerelease every popular character they produce until the cows come home, via either straight re-releases, slight refinements, major overhauls, or variants of some sort.

Back