1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bank robber Joker was the first figure I noticed from HT. I remember looking at the proto pics and just being blown away, thinking that I would never be able to afford that level of collectible.

The V1 sells for ridiculous prices on ebay.

I don't own V1 so I am very happy with this release.

If you do own V1 there is literally no point to upgrade except for a slight paint update.

I've come to accept the type of company HT is and I literally have NO expectations of them. I have been disappointed too many times and have waited too long for their other licenses to be announced that I'm not even surprised when they do stuff like this.

Seriously, though, why the hell has no one ever done the damn smile? Not a laughing sculpt, or a serious sculpt, but that damn, toothy grin. There was a part of me that thought "how awesome would it be if they did the 'whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...stranger' grin with this version?" As it turns out, that wasn't the case...at all.

HT_Godfather_updated_02.jpg

please let this be next:pray:

I loved/love the original Bank Robber Joker headsculpt. I owned and had seen Hot Toys before, but that was their first figure that really pushed the envelope towards realism. You gotta remember that before that, it was the V1 headsculpt.

This repaint gimmick they're doing is going to be a new trend now, I'm sure of it. It won't surprise me if we start seeing some really whacky, cash grabbing releases in the near future where they take an older, classic figure from their catalog and blow the dust off of em. They're almost at MMS 300, can't really blame them for jumping the shark.

Oh and totally called the Hasbro/repaint thing yesterday before the specs pics went up. Not that I'm proud of that. Just goes to show how predictable they've become.

Well, at the very least, here's hoping they can give us some repaints that we actually want; like Mob scene/museum Joker from 89.

And now you are looking at the same exact figure...gives you a groundhog day feeling doesn't it? :lol

It is kind of a weird feeling. It was a figure I desired from the first pics I saw, then when I actually started collecting 1/6, the prices had gone too high and it slipped through my fingers. Now it's finally available to me and I feel so "meh" about it. :lol

I might be up for this to go with my TDK Armory batman. I don't have any of the other Nolan stuff, and I'd rather pay for new than $400 - $500 on ebay.

One of the figures I've always wanted. Late to the party, and I refuse to be raped with the insane amount this goes for. What was its original MSRP?

$150 I believe.

If they did that to Don Viti, I'm sorry, that would be ****ED.

I know people say that you shouldn't care about market value and buy these because you simply like/want them, but lets face it, it's nice to own things that are valuable and one offs. If they did that with the Godfather, that'd be a travesty. I don't care who missed out (I know I did, I goofed and regretted it), doing something like a "repaint" release would be shameful in my opinion.

That's how i feel about BRJ. It is a classic figure in the evolution of HT and should not be messed with.

(unless they want to make a entirely new one)

It was $175 but everyone sold him for around $150 or less. Took while for stock to run dry.

I guess this applies for pretty much a lot of HT's earlier figs.

That original BR sculpt was really the first thing that drew me into 1/6 scale collecting. I was even showing off pictures of the prototype to non-geek co-workers :lol

Yeah, I don't think my situation is uncommon. I was obsessed with pictures of this, but DX01 is what finally forced my hand into buying one.

$150 I believe.

That's how i feel about BRJ. It is a classic figure in the evolution of HT and should not be messed with.

(unless they want to make a entirely new one)

I have no problem with revisiting older figures, but do it right. This is...it's actually kind of embarrassing. At least with the Reeve release last year, they tried to pass it off as something different, and, as far as the Wayne with the armory goes, they're, at the very least, including stuff like Alfred and new faceplates, and, you know, a whole armory, but, I don't know; there's just something about this one. It's off. It's almost like a declaration from Howard that "we have nothing worthwhile to offer you, anymore, here's a rerelease of one of our better figures. Bye." It feels like one of those greatest hits albums they released after Elvis died or something.:lol

Can anyone fill me in on how the TF EX's go up for PO? I really wanna get this after missing the first!

Back