1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

BTW I don't think HT would pick "bank robbery" as a theme behind 1/4th scale Joker. Instead, the "mob scene" costume would be more iconically suitable for a big 1/4 figure, which can also be made to compare with EB's Joker. My take is this will be a 1/6th.

Just a thought to share.

Can hot toys even make a figure from tdk in 1/4 scale?i thought enterbay had those rights.

Its 99% likely this is 1/6, not 1/4. Sideshow did a PF exclusive one year and quickly realized what a problem that was. 1/4 is just too big to carry around a con, 1/6 is even pushing it really. So just based on that, its 1/6. Plus we've known its been coming for a while anyway.

I'm just hoping this is another 2 in 1 like the first DX Joker and we get a Nurse outfit too. Its the one last outfit that nobody has done (apparently at Nolan's request) and its the last one that really NEEDS to be done. So just make this a 2.0 Bank Robber that happens to have a nurse uniform :dunno

Yeah, he did.

Maglor lurks, I saw him on the other night. He has the right idea.
I rarely see him now when before you couldnt go a couple pages without a post from him.

Honestly, even I'm not on here as much as I once was.

Its 99% likely this is 1/6, not 1/4. Sideshow did a PF exclusive one year and quickly realized what a problem that was. 1/4 is just too big to carry around a con, 1/6 is even pushing it really. So just based on that, its 1/6. Plus we've known its been coming for a while anyway.

I'm just hoping this is another 2 in 1 like the first DX Joker and we get a Nurse outfit too. Its the one last outfit that nobody has done (apparently at Nolan's request) and its the last one that really NEEDS to be done. So just make this a 2.0 Bank Robber that happens to have a nurse uniform :dunno

Yeah, quite some things point into the 1/6 direction. I'm also pretty sure it'll be 1/6. Doubt about many new accessories other than probably the mentioned base though, think we'll basically see an improved version of the first one, but pretty curious in any case. :rock

I'm just hoping this is another 2 in 1 like the first DX Joker and we get a Nurse outfit too. Its the one last outfit that nobody has done (apparently at Nolan's request)

I've been hearing that **** for 6 years now :lol Is there any truth to it...is there actual proof or is it an urban legend? I never bought that for one second. I can't see Nolan caring about some toy, especially since it was HIS idea for Ledger to wear the nurse costume in the film, so I wonder where that rumor comes from? :)

Probably comes from there being no nurse Joker action figure/merchandise from any company :dunno

Noooo! I'm still playing catch up since I'm a newer collector. Now I gotta add this to my list already consisting of DX11, Bane, and Catwoman. THEN, my TDK collection will be complete. I hope...

Probably comes from there being no nurse Joker action figure/merchandise from any company :dunno

And there has to be a reason for that right? I mean surely SOMEONE would have made that by now. Its such an iconic scene. The lack of any Nurse merch must have a reason. So I don't see why Nolan nixing the idea would be all that far fetched. I mean he is the same person that thought not even the slightest mention of the Joker in TDKR and acting like he never existed would be more respectful than saying something why he wasn't in the middle of everything once Bane took over :cuckoo:

And seeing how much they improved the Joker from V1 to DX1 to the last DX, I can see this being an improvement over the already excellent BR Joker. I do hope it has the Nurse uniform though just to help justify its existence in the first place beyond a cash grab.

I see him coming with all of the original's accessories (perhaps improved on) and the Bank Manager's shotgun from the DX 2 at the very least. Likely two head again as well since one is clearly going to be a masked wearing head.

The question now is, how difficult will it be to get this figure, seeing how it's an exclusive?

I've been hearing that **** for 6 years now :lol Is there any truth to it...is there actual proof or is it an urban legend? I never bought that for one second. I can't see Nolan caring about some toy, especially since it was HIS idea for Ledger to wear the nurse costume in the film, so I wonder where that rumor comes from? :)

Actually I think that long ago there was one of the Hot Toys interviews explaining that but I'm also not 100% sure. Would be great if somebody could find that. The filming was finished when Ledger passed away so it would have been a bigger problem to delete these scenes than to forbid certain types of collectibles.

Could imagine they feared weird pictures of Nurse Joker figures posed looking like a sick Joker / Ledger in a hostital or something like that back then. I f they wanted to avoid that with respect for his relatives and friends it's understandable. From the sensible collectors point of the Nurse Joker scene and is of course another great one he appeared in that could be recreated in 1/6 in a great and respectful way of course.

Thanks for posting the interview part! - Think that's what I always somehow remembered from back then but I couldn't find it anymore.

I don't really get Nolan's logic as to why making that version of Joker is disrespectful to Ledger or whatever. It's odd to me that every other version of the character got approval but for some reason that one is off limits.

I don't really get Nolan's logic as to why making that version of Joker is disrespectful to Ledger or whatever. It's odd to me that every other version of the character got approval but for some reason that one is off limits.

It it's like I imagine:

(...)

Could imagine they feared weird pictures of Nurse Joker figures posed looking like a sick Joker / Ledger in a hostital or something like that back then. I f they wanted to avoid that with respect for his relatives and friends it's understandable. From the sensible collectors point of the Nurse Joker scene and is of course another great one he appeared in that could be recreated in 1/6 in a great and respectful way of course.

it would probably be a decision that was made back then and I could also imagine them not wanting to ask Nolan twice.

Last edited:

Yes, there is truth to it.

View attachment 118027

Basically, Hot Toys had it in development and planned. They went to get the ok, but Nolan and the license holders wouldn't grant it because they're ****hurt and somehow think a Ledger figure isn't in good taste. Maybe they don't want a commercial product of him resembling a dude in drag? Maybe they think a cross dressing doll is inappropriate to his memory? Who knows.

Bottom line is, all these toy companies would love to capitalize on that look, but for whatever reason, can't.

:goodpost: That's interesting.

The question now is, how difficult will it be to get this figure, seeing how it's an exclusive?

Evil Superman, Joe Colton, and Captain America were last year's exclusives and all can still be easily had for retail or less. Joker will end up being harder to get in the long run, but there shouldn't be an issue ordering any of the three from Sideshow if you don't wait around.

In reality, WB has the final say regardless of whether Nolan approves or not, but I guess they want to keep him happy, especially now that his buddy Jeff Robinov is no longer with WB. The last thing WB wants is to lose Nolan to another studio, but if he leaves or when he leaves WB, then we might get a nurse joker, since WB owns the character and the film, not Nolan.

Back