1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal, glad to hear they delivered and members didn't get scammeroni'd.

Yea I got Starboost from them. 3 days shipped for $250 before SS had him. I missed Igor by a day or so. If they can't fulfill Whiplash it'll probably be due to some issue they have with HT. They are a legit company.

Going forward hot toys is going to be more proactive with the rules about licensing. The ones i wrote about in my way to long post yesterday. They have been getting more and more complaints from dealers and distrubutors and even customer wuestions as to how one company that's an authorized dealer can sell it so much cheaper. So not only will big in Japan be effected so will others that ship overseas.

Going forward hot toys is going to be more proactive with the rules about licensing. The ones i wrote about in my way to long post yesterday. They have been getting more and more complaints from dealers and distrubutors and even customer wuestions as to how one company that's an authorized dealer can sell it so much cheaper. So not only will big in Japan be effected so will others that ship overseas.

How about EBay sellers?

Second, currency fluctuation has nothing to do with it, right?

How about EBay sellers?

Second, currency fluctuation has nothing to do with it, right?
Ebays sellers are not typically authorized dealers. Some stores have ebay accounts and those stores (BBTS for example) would be under that umbrella but normal second party sellers are fine. So it won't effect much on ebay.

As for your second questions..directly no it does not. It's not a direct cause and effect. BUT that exchange rate factors into it. It's part of the overall licensing and trade stuff that gets factored in. It matters in that, a product in one region may "appear" cheaper to people outside of that region becuase of the enchanted buying power of the local or foreign currency involved. It's part of why there are regional restrictions on the figures. Not the sole cause but it is, in this case, why Big in Japan products are cheaper for those not on the Yen. (Locally it's still the same average price...but becuase the dollar is worth more it allows you to get it cheaper). It's complex as I said, and you almost need a business degree and 20 years of experience to figure it all out . Lol

I know your not a fan of my long posts so sorry about that. But it's a complex situation and doesn't have a single straight forward answer. The jist of it is, Hot toys makes all of its authorized dealers and distrubution network aware that they are only allowed to sell product in their region. Hot toys tells them what that region is in advance. It's not a new thing, but becuase of the flux of the market its drawing attention and dramatically effecting some markets. So some companies are selling more (BJ) becuase they are ignoring the rules and selling out of market.

just picked up my whiplash tonight at SB.

wl 1.jpg
wl 2.jpg

the chest amour is made of diecast, and its really heavy!

wl 3.jpg

and the detail under the chest amour is amazing!
wl 4.jpg

i need to go through the manual first, before posing it and take some pictures.

getting all those batteries into the whiplash battery compartments almost killed me! :slap
they should think about seriously using remote control like the bat signal. i am willing to pay $60 more for each figure!

whip 1.JPG
whip 2.JPG
whip 3.JPG
whip 4.JPG

Using a remote doesn't change having to add the batteries. A remote is just an external power button. You still gotta add the batteries

They have a light in the socket where they plug in. But unfortunately it only lights up a VERY SMALL portion of the whips.

Got a PM from admin some complained it was inappropriate. Then I replaced it some horror gif images and I got another letter saying my new images may not be good for people with epilepsy and I need to pull that one too. I've suddenly become a trouble maker....lol. It was no biggie I replaced it and moved on. I love your new sig brainy.

Got a PM from admin some complained it was inappropriate. Then I replaced it some horror gif images and I got another letter saying my new images may not be good for people with epilepsy and I need to pull that one too. I've suddenly become a trouble maker....lol. It was no biggie I replaced it and moved on. I love your new sig brainy.

WHAT? was that a response to my Pixelpiper post, he's a forum member who makes custom lightsabers :rotfl

Back