1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so obviously this suit is still frumpy and really dissapointing, but I managed to dye it a more accurate color at least. helps a bit. The armory itself is amazing though!

DSC_0340.jpg
DSC_0335.jpg
DSC_0337.jpg

Hmm just noticed that hot toys messed up Akfred's over coat big time.

It's meant to be a double breasted coat but it looks like a single breasted coat with buttons attached to the sides.

Hmm just noticed that hot toys messed up Akfred's over coat big time.

It's meant to be a double breasted coat but it looks like a single breasted coat with buttons attached to the sides.

i would not call it "messed up big time". if you're looking for a functional clothing in 1/6, then you will end up 95% with a bad looking end-result, as the details and functionality together won't be possible at this scale. i had my experiences with these functional buttons, and it always looked like crap, so i'm happy HT used these snap-ins to keep the coat together, and the buttons just for the illusion.

the bruce wayne suit though, was a total let down. promoting a complete different suit, which almost looked like a kato suit, and giving us this, i would even call it a fraud. i'm aware of the "prototype info", but still it's not a good move to send out these suits after promising something different and getting the money in through all the preorders. i haven't purchased the bruce wayne figure, but still disappointing.

Hi guys, I know I've asked before.. but has anyone here ordered their set from Cornerstore Comics and received their armory set? Had mine preordered since january and still haven't heard a lick from them about it. Called over a month ago and they said they assured me it was coming in soon, but it's been over a month since then. Getting pretty annoying.

I have mine ordered through them also and they've ignored literally every e-mail I've sent them, even one to update my CC info. Something fishy is going on with them.

What did pixel call this...a budget release? Yep, for anywhere from $385 to $625. What a bargain! :lol

A "Value" release. ;) And it seems like HT thought the same thing by cutting down on the soft goods quality. If the suit sucks on Bruce, I'll ditch him on eBay eventually - he's always been the super weak link in this set for me anyway.

A "Value" release. ;) And it seems like HT thought the same thing by cutting down on the soft goods quality. If the suit sucks on Bruce, I'll ditch him on eBay eventually - he's always been the super weak link in this set for me anyway.

Ah, it's all about the wording! :lol

Yeah, the suits don't look as nice as the ones in the promo pics. Funny that. ;)

Anyone who has orders from a UK retailer, Forbidden Planet have pushed the date back to end of December which is a bummer. I wanted this before Xmas :( I've ordered from CDUK but FP has to be pretty accurate right, as official licenced retailer?

i would not call it "messed up big time". if you're looking for a functional clothing in 1/6, then you will end up 95% with a bad looking end-result, as the details and functionality together won't be possible at this scale. i had my experiences with these functional buttons, and it always looked like crap, so i'm happy HT used these snap-ins to keep the coat together, and the buttons just for the illusion.

the bruce wayne suit though, was a total let down. promoting a complete different suit, which almost looked like a kato suit, and giving us this, i would even call it a fraud. i'm aware of the "prototype info", but still it's not a good move to send out these suits after promising something different and getting the money in through all the preorders. i haven't purchased the bruce wayne figure, but still disappointing.

Nah that wasn't what I meant. The button fastening mechanism is fine.

It's just that a double breasted suit jacket should have the top coat panel coming across more of the body than just down the middle like a single breasted suit.

Introduction to Double-breasted Suits - The Compass

Wait that's armory body? Looks like DX12 because of the absence of carbon fiber.

Last edited:
Back