1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armory has a few updates. Like the back leg panels I mentioned.

I was looking wrong though, it looks like the carbon fiber decal is there. That one is that armory suit.

I noticed something strange.

Hot Toys changed the illustrations for their instruction manual for this. Back when they first shipped, the directions for the belt stated they could be fastened in three different places (the sides and the black strip section on the back). The latest batch changed up the illustrations and wording for the instructions and now it can only be fastened at two.

I guess they flubbed all the belts up in the factory and accidentally glued all the backs so they couldn't be unfastened. :lol

Yeah, these belts were an atrocity. I don't know why they had to make it into "links" and not keep them solid/glued-together like the DX12 belt.

I just opened my set with Alfred up to inspect. Didn't take every piece out but man this piece is SO impressive and I got it for an absolute steal. Wasn't planning to own this but glad I do. Sad that everything I have is going into storage this month for at least 3, likely 6 months. Look forward to displaying this... Eventually.

Congrats on the get, Surly! You order your stuff from HLJ, right? That's still an affordable option, even with shipping?

Thanks! I did order from HLJ. This was my first time ordering Hot Toys from them. Usually the shipping kills it but they had 17% off everything in stock on black friday for orders over a certain amount. I got this set, I bought heartbreaker and a little chogokin figure. The dollar is really strong to the yen right now so the armory and alfred set ended up being like $400 before shipping. Shipping was like $90-100 for everything, but I had pretty much maxed it out so buying several more heartbreakers for the reduced rate didn't up the shipping. So I did that and sold the heartbreakers to get back some of the cost while still being able to sell the heartbreakers for a really good price below retail to fellow freaks. So I basically ended up paying $500, including shipping, for a heartbreaker, the batman armory with alfred and the chogokin figure which would normally be $60 on it's own. Not too shabby! But also probably a one time thing. I probably won't order anymore HT from HLJ without another sale.

Yeah I've never had an issue with HLJ. Have ordered lots of stuff from them in the past, this is just my first time ordering a Hot Toy. Love that place and every year their black friday sale is one of the best around.

my customized bat

medix-2-1-2.png

medix-2-1-3.png

medix-2-1-4.png

medix-2-1-1.png

The armory cowl is so good. It's turned the dx12 into one of my most eye catching figures and it makes me like the suit. I hated it in the films

Different legs. It's skinnier, stronger contrast of panels and undersuit, and doesn't have the lines near the crotch panels along with the panels being different overall.

The armory cowl is so good. It's turned the dx12 into one of my most eye catching figures and it makes me like the suit. I hated it in the films

Did you use the DX12 faceplates with the Armory cowl? I have the cowl coming to me any day, but am stuck with just DX12 mouth pieces. Just hope they can still capture the Bale likeness.

Back