1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, does anyone know what this little piece is?
52126616cd577d6360cd3997afa1d708.jpg
29c1824cc9054cea384353855416403e.jpg

It dropped off while I was unpacking and I am not sure what this is.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the set but it looks like the stoppers that go on the wrists of the batsuit when it's in the armory. To stop the gauntlets falling off.

The stopper is supposed to have a short peg sticking out that goes in where the peg goes. I'm not really sure what that is....

Yeah, I love the throwback to some old gadgets, like the grappling hook and others. I think if the batarangs were fold-able, they'd be too easy to break at 1/6 scale :lol

This set finally arrived today. It's pretty awesome, here are some thoughts:

-The build-a-belt is a really cool concept, but these pieces look really fragile, so I'm not going to bother trying. Nice try Hot Toys, but it needs a bit more user testing...

-I wish the folded Batarangs were actually folded Batarangs that can be unfolded!

-The nun-chucks and darts are really cool though!

-Having all the accessories like this is a dream come true for me. Makes me really wish they'd do an equivalent for DX09. That'd give new people a chance to get the now-expensive Keaton Batman, as well as present a great opportunity to show off all those neat accessories that figure came with. Most of those were never used in the movie, so nobody really uses or poses with them. So they never get seen - but they become infinitely more interesting when they're in that vault of his!

Also, that'd give us a chance to maybe get a Keaton Wayne or even a Gough Alfred! Odds are low on that happening - but then again, I'd have said Hot Toys would never release a Caine Alfred, and look at what we have now!

-Of course, installing the weapons in the armory is really frustrating. They all come in foam trays - those should have been swappable with the trays in the actual armory, for instant installation. But the real frustrating part is setting up the hooks with the sticky-guns. It's nearly impossible to get them all aligned so everything is snug and placed correctly. Those hooks really should have been part of the frame to begin with, rather than being moveable.

-Packaging is pretty lame. One of the neat things about Hot Toys has been the packaging, both in terms of art design and functionality. Functionality here is pretty minimal (the outer cardboard is so thin!), art design is pretty much non-existent.

-This thing is just a bit too big to fit my shelves, so I'm not sure where to put it. It's on top of my bookshelf right now, which is cool when the lights are on, but it makes seeing the accessories/weapons on the lower trays impossible.

-Speaking of the lights, I love the remote. Makes me wish the doors had battery-powered, remote control functionality as well. How cool would it be to press a button to both open the doors and turn on the lights, inviting you to step over and take a closer look?

-The empty cowl has a shiny rub right on the forehead, I'll probably try and get a replacement for it.

-Wayne and Alfred look great. Time to repurpose my custom figures...

Thanks for this. Many very good points. :duff

I really didn't want to, but I bit the bullet and bought a DX12 belt. To me, it looks better than the Armory belt. And it's apparently more sturdy/user-friendly as well.

I also feel the packaging is somewhat lacking. The box art is gorgeous, but the presentation - what with the plastic trays and whatnot - is a little meh. But this isn't unusual when it comes to HT box sets, so whatcha gonna do?

While a cool concept, it's probably a good thing the doors aren't remote-operated. Just another thing that can break/go wrong. :lol

They look kind of like buttons. Maybe buttons for Alfred's long coat? Not actually sure how big they are there. And as I said, I don't have the set so I'm just guessing. I'm sure someone who has it will chime in soon with a much better answer.

-Of course, installing the weapons in the armory is really frustrating. They all come in foam trays - those should have been swappable with the trays in the actual armory, for instant installation. But the real frustrating part is setting up the hooks with the sticky-guns. It's nearly impossible to get them all aligned so everything is snug and placed correctly. Those hooks really should have been part of the frame to begin with, rather than being moveable.

-Packaging is pretty lame. One of the neat things about Hot Toys has been the packaging, both in terms of art design and functionality. Functionality here is pretty minimal (the outer cardboard is so thin!), art design is pretty much non-existent.

I thought the same exact thing about the foam boards all you would have really do is just swap them out, but I think the boards would have fallen off if they were not glued, or that and have us guys actually assembled everything than just have everything there already.

And about the shipping box, my last two premium figures have gotten that thin shipping box treatment...

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Picked mine up last night. Nice set overall but haven't gotten to dig into it too much yet. My one minor complaint is the artbox seems a bit on the flimsy side for a Hot Toys box. I guess I just expected something a bit sturdier but it gets the job done.

Finally got mine last night. Amazed at how much of an improvement Bats is over the DX12. Except that dumb belt. I just gave him the DX12 one and threw the DX12 body into the armory.

The repainted Bruce Wayne head is interesting. The armory one is darker complected with a bit of stubble. I like the DX12 Bruce head more. it looks younger and more fitting for a "Dark Knight" era Bruce.

Alfred looks better than most pictures I've seen, but it's still not just a terribly exciting figure. But that is just due to the nature of the character itself.

The repainted Bruce Wayne head is interesting. The armory one is darker complected with a bit of stubble. I like the DX12 Bruce head more. it looks younger and more fitting for a "Dark Knight" era Bruce.

It's probably been posted already, but I was wondering if someone could repost a picture with a comparison of the Bruce heads (or provide a page range so I could find it)? Thanks!

It's probably been posted already, but I was wondering if someone could repost a picture with a comparison of the Bruce heads (or provide a page range so I could find it)? Thanks!

Great idea, I would love this too. I don't have the DX12 so am unable to do it myself.

I think Rorywan said the paint job on the armoury version is superior but it would be nice to see it.

Great idea, I would love this too. I don't have the DX12 so am unable to do it myself.

I think Rorywan said the paint job on the armoury version is superior but it would be nice to see it.

Go to 8:30 for xenom0rph's comparison of the Bruce heads.

I don't have to new Wayne sculpt to compare but I will say I am really getting tired of the darker skin tone on everything. It's starting to seem HT hates pale people. They do fantastic paint jobs but their choice of colors are leaving a lot to be desired on a lot of things.

Great review OP20

Back